Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mac machine?

Default mac machine?

Is it o.k. to carry open or concealed while making a withdrawl from a mac machine,or drive through window while on bank property, and not actually in the bank????

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: mac machine?

Uh.... Considering that it is not illegal to carry (CC/OC) in a bank...... Yes, you're fine

I carry (not concealed) to my bank,inside and outside to the MAC, routinely.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Northampton County)

Yes.

It's also legal to carry in the bank, provided that you're not robbing it.

Pretty much the only place specifically off-limits for carry in Pennsylvania by law are courthouses, and only past the security checkpoint, at which state law requires there to be a place to secure you firearm(s).

But do take note of any "no guns" signs at the entrance to the bank (or any business, for that matter), as there may be legal or civil ramifications, although "no guns" signs are not specifically prohibiting in Pennsylvania law.
    Last edited by imperialism2024; April 30th, 2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

I always carry into my bank and to the ATM. If they ever asked me not to I would find a different bank, and put my money (the little amount that I have) there. My question is...are Post Offices okay to carry into? I do anyway, but I don't know the real answer....my guess is yes.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghstarsky View Post
    My question is...are Post Offices okay to carry into? I do anyway, but I don't know the real answer....my guess is yes.
    no, it is not legal (for a regular joe with an LTCF) to carry into a post office.

some people will try to debate that it is legal (i wish they were right), but the real answer is no.

the CFR clearly spells out that it is illegal (for a regular joe, even with an LTCF) to carry in a post office.
    F*S=k

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    Yes.

It's also legal to carry in the bank, provided that you're not robbing it.

Pretty much the only place specifically off-limits for carry in Pennsylvania by law are courthouses, and only past the security checkpoint, at which state law requires there to be a place to secure you firearm(s).

But do take note of any "no guns" signs at the entrance to the bank, as there may be legal or civil ramifications, although "no guns" signs are not specifically prohibiting in Pennsylvania law.
    Any particular reason a " no guns " sign on a bank would be more important than one on a wal-mart? ( since the ones on wal-mart mean nothing legally.)
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Allegheny County)

Shoot, there you go, learn something new everyday. In the back of my mind when I would carry in there I would think....hmm. I wonder if this is legal. Now I know not to, so I won't. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghstarsky View Post
    Shoot, there you go, learn something new everyday. In the back of my mind when I would carry in there I would think....hmm. I wonder if this is legal. Now I know not to, so I won't. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    yeah, it sucks.

fortunately, i have found that almost everything you can do in a post office can be accomplished without going into a post office. i only end up needing to actually go into a post office about once every five years.

hopefully, maybe you could manage the same.

pain in the butt, though. and, imho, clearly unconsitutional...unfortunately, though, the courts don't seem to agree.
    F*S=k

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Any particular reason a " no guns " sign on a bank would be more important than one on a wal-mart? ( since the ones on wal-mart mean nothing legally.)
    Because the OP asked about banks.

I apologize for the misleading phrasing of that, but please take the time stamp for what it's worth...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Signs at wal-mart do hold weight,just like any other property that has no guns singnage.
    You could get a tresspass summons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast