Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sccy cpx1...

(Cumberland County)

Default Sccy cpx1...

Any one carry this pistol for CC? Its an option for me, but I want to get some more advice before I consider putting down cash.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sccy cpx1...

I have been looking at these a little myself. I already have a Kel-Tec PF9 but was curious about these. I checked on the Net and they really didn't get good reviews. Most people said that the biggest problem with them is the safety coming loose all the time and having to be fixed. They are Lifetime Warranty same as Kel-Tec. The grip is very comfortable. They come with 2 mags and 4 mag plates (2 flat and 2 extended). I called around in my area to see if anyone had them in stock and none were to be found. I called the company and they said that they are on backorder at the moment and I should try to contact a reseller direct as opposed to send them an FFL for an order because it would take at least 2 months.
    Personally I am going to wait and see what there newer version is going to be like. I heard that they are removing the safety and a few other changes. So it may be best to wait and see.
    Most people that have tried them have stated Kel-Tec is better so..........

(Cumberland County)

Ok thx for the reply, My FFL has a couple for sale right now. i will be at the gun show tomoworow in York when the doors open hoping to find a deal on a CC pistol. If amy one know anyone with a table there tomowrow that may have some of the keltec like the pf9 or p11 please lemme know so i can head there as soon as I get in. Any other compact/subcompact pistol is an option for me too as long as its around the same price and not over 350. Used or new is ok.

(Lehigh County)

Do yourself a favor and stay away ...

... while the workmanship on the gun is superior to the Kel-Tec, the overall quality isn't much better and may even be worse.

And with regards to their "new" models ... they've missed several promised release dates going back 2+ years and I'm no longer holding my breath. When I see actual photos of the guns from them, then I might get interested again.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah... I was able to find a PF9 at the show today. Only one table had one. So I bought it.

(Lehigh County)

I have the PF9 as well. The workmanship on the CPX1 is better than on the PF9 with one minor exception -- the PF9 works and the CPX1 didn't.

Abbottstown/Hanover/Gettysburg area, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)

I have a CPX 1 and just took it to the range. The safety goes on after about 3-5 shots. I called and they are sending me a kit to remove the safety. $22. I really like the feel of it in my hand and it is small enough to carry in my jeans with a pocket holster. I couldn't recommend it but I think/hope fixing the safety will help. It jamed a couple of times but I am new to semi auto pistols so it may be me. They claim you can't have a limp wrist. After I went through one clip it seemed to work fine except for the safety. I have to much invested to give up so I will try to work it out. I can tell you this, it's not a Glock. I really have carried but am working up to it. This one will need to perform better or it will collect dust along with holsters.

(Lehigh County)

Copied here for your convenience and reading pleasure ...
    I have had some very disturbing dealings with Sccy Firearms that I wanted to share with the Gunbroker community. I am a seller here with a 2700+ A+ feedback rating on Gunbroker, I have strong business ethics as can be determined by my extensive A+ feedback. I am not writing this with any malicious intent, I am writing this just to share the horrible experiences I have had in my dealings with Sccy Firearms in hopes it will prevent other people from having the same problems with a terrible firearms manufacturer.

This is my opinion about Sccy Firearms based on the problems I have had with their guns and the principals of the company.

I have been a firearms dealer and self-defense firearms instructor for several decades. As a dealer, I have seen many companies come and go, some good some bad. I can tell you, there is nothing good to say about Sccy Firearms.

I have purchased about a dozen Sccy Firearms for resale in my gun shop, just about every single one has been returned me or to Sccy Firearms as defective. Most have had the guide rods break, when I call Sccy to tell them about the recurring problems, they continually blame the shooter for putting the guide rod in wrong. Funny...shooters seem to be able to install the guide rod on every other gun just fine.

Fact is, the rod is made of cheap materials and they break...period! It is not the fault of the consumer, but the fault of the design and quality of materials used in construction of Sccy Firearms.

The problems have not been limited to just broken guide rods. The guns we sold do not feed properly, they are not reliable, and we have had a myriad of problems to the point where my customers do not feel confident carrying Sccy Firearms for defensive purposes. Some of my customers do no even want the guns repaired, they just want to get rid of the guns and buy something that works.

The customer service is non-existent; the people at Sccy are extremely rude and not helpful at all. They have not only been rude to me, but to my customers as well, badmouthing me when my customers call Sccy to complain about guns that don't work. My apologies to the people at Sccy, but I am an ethical gun dealer, I will not tell my customers that a firearm is a good firearm if it is not; I tell it like it is. It is my opinion that Sccy Firearms are junk, at any price. This is based on the number of guns I have sold compared to the number that have been returned to me unfireable.

I will not carry Sccy Firearms in my shop any longer. As a professional firearms tactics instructor for both civilians and law enforcement, I feel that Sccy Firearms are unsafe to use for any shooting purpose.

I find the quality of the product to be sub-par and dangerous, and I find the attitude of the people at Sccy to be even worse. I am not going to get into the details of my dealings with the rude people at Sccy, let's just say their personality and customer service match the quality of the guns they produce.

I will not sell or recommend Sccy Firearms to anyone in the future, and in fact, on the contrary, I recommend shooters spend their hard earned dollars on firearms that work when you need them to, with companies that offer customer service, two things that Sccy Firearms does not offer.

If you are looking for a firearm like the Sccy with the same price point, I recommend the Kel-Tec P-11. We have sold hundreds of the Kel-Tec firearms, both handguns and long arms with no issues ever.

As a firearm dealer, it is my opinion that Sccy Firearms are of very poor quality and are not firearms that I would bet the safety of myself, my family of anyone else’s family on.

Just my opinion as a firearms dealer and self-defense instructor.
    ... http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=336275

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Copied here for your convenience and reading pleasure ... ... http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=336275
    Wow.. thats pretty deep. Glad I bought the keltec, lol

(York County)

Well, this thread just kept me from making a big mistake and buying a SCCY CPX-1.

I had one in my cart at Centerfire and had second thoughts.

I guess I stick with Kel-Tec.

Neil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast