Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: State to consider medical marijuana use

Quote Originally Posted by Jake McCracken View Post
    And you all thought Obama made a good salesman, the guy that gets pot legalized is gonna be a hero to the dirtbags of our great nation!
    Everyone who smokes weed is a dirtbag? That is a pretty close minded thing to say. Who are you to say I can't smoke if I choose to...

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spishack357 View Post
    Everyone who smokes weed is a dirtbag? That is a pretty close minded thing to say. Who are you to say I can't smoke if I choose to...
    Close minded maybe... or maybe it is just seeing my brother end up in a life of crime, my sister in law kicked out of the Projects and her kids taken away, and my mom a drugged out loser that has swayed my way of thinking... Alot of people could care less until their lives are directly affected.

You are right, there may be decent people who choose to smoke weed, but are those "decent people" the ones that give people like myself the "dirtbag" impression? NO, they (hopefully) are the people that do it in private, don't live a life of crime, and don't let it run their life!

I'm not saying you can or can't. Smoke if you want to. Your life, your choice. But you have to realize there are alot of people out there that have already given pot smoking the "dirtbag" image to some of us.

By the way I meant no offense to anyone...

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

(Philadelphia County)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake McCracken View Post
    Close minded maybe... or maybe it is just seeing my brother end up in a life of crime, my sister in law kicked out of the Projects and her kids taken away, and my mom a drugged out loser that has swayed my way of thinking... Alot of people could care less until their lives are directly affected.

You are right, there may be decent people who choose to smoke weed, but are those "decent people" the ones that give people like myself the "dirtbag" impression? NO, they (hopefully) are the people that do it in private, don't live a life of crime, and don't let it run their life!

I'm not saying you can or can't. Smoke if you want to. Your life, your choice. But you have to realize there are alot of people out there that have already given pot smoking the "dirtbag" image to some of us.

By the way I meant no offense to anyone...
    I dunno man, I feel people who get "addicted" to "drugs" have other underlying issues in their lives and "drugs" are the scapegoat they use to not have to face reality. No offense to your family...

Of course I can smoke if I want to... I also have to run the risk of getting caught and going to jail. Legalize it, it makes so much sense its rediculous not to at this point...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    medical marijuania helps cancer patients and pain sufferers, but what about the addiction of it?the only problem is it will lead to lung cancer and addiction, they have other pills for insomina and depression why do they need to "smoke" they have narcotic pain killers for pain why do they really need "weed"?
    there are more ways to consume my than merely burning it at high temperatures.

injestion
    vaporization
    to name a few...

some are allergic to narcotic pain killers.(hydro codone for example)

pills are considered by many to be acceptable...because the pharmacies, or big business says so.

they cause more addicition, and abuse far greater than a naturally occuring product

pills (even over the counter ones) have harmful affects on organs (liver/kidneys).

pain killers can not be used in combination with alcohol, due to the synergistic effects...and the detrimental affects to organs.

consider someone who wants to have a beer or two with colleagues...or friends... after work. we are not talking about looking to get knock down drag out drunk...but a beer or two with some pizza.

cant happen when taking pills. now allow this person the ability to medicate using alternative methods, the liver / kidneys are preserved, and the patient is still coherent after the pizza party.

we are not talking about rolling a rasta joint, but a puff or two to control pain.

not to mention the cost savings to the end user.

allow for personal growing and use. costs are far cheaper than pharmaceuticals. not "street" prices.

1lb can sustain 4 patients for several months (heavy ... heavy...medication use 1/2 oz a week x 4 = 2 oz a month...x 4 patients = 1/2 lb per month). the cost of this would be approx 100 or so (mostly electricity)....money that does not go to big companies, or to drug "cartels"... patients pooling resources, or a single patient growing enough for themselves, etc.

we are not talking about recreational use (like rush limbaugh did with oxycotin)... but a true medical need.

we should be allowed choice.

(Cambria County)

I dunno man, I feel people who get "addicted" to "drugs" have other underlying issues in their lives and "drugs" are the scapegoat they use to not have to face reality.
    I agree.

They say, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well, drugs don't make people losers, people make people losers.

(Lawrence County)

I dunno man, I feel people who get "addicted" to "drugs" have other underlying issues in their lives and "drugs" are the scapegoat they use to not have to face reality. No offense to your family...

Of course I can smoke if I want to... I also have to run the risk of getting caught and going to jail. Legalize it, it makes so much sense its rediculous not to at this point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I agree.

They say, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Well, drugs don't make people losers, people make people losers.
    Good points! Never looked at it like that!

................ZRT Sector 1 Waterborne Operations & Sniper Unit.................

(Lebanon County)

pain killers can not be used in combination with alcohol, due to the synergistic effects...and the detrimental affects to organs.

consider someone who wants to have a beer or two with colleagues...or friends... after work. we are not talking about looking to get knock down drag out drunk...but a beer or two with some pizza.

cant happen when taking pills. now allow this person the ability to medicate using alternative methods, the liver / kidneys are preserved, and the patient is still coherent after the pizza party.
    WHOA!!! Was going to just stay out of this thread and read the healthy debate but I have to reply to this part. So cry about the effects that pills have on your liver and then turn around and have a couple beers? Ummm...no. And really, I don't care what you drink. I'm just telling you how that sounds.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    WHOA!!! Was going to just stay out of this thread and read the healthy debate but I have to reply to this part. So cry about the effects that pills have on your liver and then turn around and have a couple beers? Ummm...no. And really, I don't care what you drink. I'm just telling you how that sounds.
    Tell us the truth, you where going to just smoke some skunk weed and read the debate with a bag of chips and dip.

sounds like a few people on here have been forced to watch reefer madness and beleived it. but for the most part it seems that most of you are open minded and can think on your own. just another case of people beleiving what the government tells them.

not a personal attack but pot did not ruin anybody in your families life. they ruined their life. live in the projects you need to live by project rules. im pretty sure you get caught with drugs and your out. if you cant fallow rules who's fault is that? it isnt weeds....... your brother turning to a life of crime wasnt weeds fault either and your mother being a drugged out looser wasnt weeds fault either, all of this is there personal choice. weed is not a physically addictive drug, some people may get mentally addicted to it but that again isnt the weeds fault that is the weak minded individuals fault.

dont hate something because of the way your family abused it, it has a major medical value. they are doing studies now because they think that THC will actually reduce cancer cells. what if they could get it to actually make cancer go away completel would you still be against it???? it makes pain go away within a few minutes/seconds. and it isnt as harmful as prescription drugs. plus there is no legitimate reason it is illegal in the first place. what because paper companies would become obsolete? sounds like a good thing to me.

oh well its late and i just got back from fishing

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast