Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Michaux St. Forest Range

I was back up there today 6-19 and they had started work.

(Franklin County)

I was up there today.. sighting my 300 win mag..the have the pistol targets down now and the ground leveled .. nothing done to the backstops for rifle. But all the lumber( as mentioned ) Is on sight...... someone has put a few bullet holes in some of the benches.. and it seems like allot of people don't clean up after themselves when they are done shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!I like shooting there because it's the closest free range to me..!!!!!!
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

I used to go to this range constantly last summer, but stopped after I got a membership to the Waynesboro Fish and Game, which is much much closer me. I will be taking a new shooter up to this range in about two weeks from now since the WFG doesn't allow guests, so hopefully everything will be fixed up by then. Maybe I'll visit today and see how the progress going, maybe take a picture or two. If nothing else, look for loose .45 brass.

It's a shame that this range has been abused so much. I much prefer it and the environment around it over the WFG, and would shoot there all the time if weren't for the distance.

(Franklin County)

I went up to the range today and found a new hand gun range and new backstops at the rifle range. There were no benches at the hand gun range looks like they are still working on it. The closed signs have been taken down

(Franklin County)

I went up this morning with a friend to tune in our muzzleloaders. evrything looked good. didn't stop at the handgun range. .It has a separate parking lot now and the range is right accross from the lot. Last year i was having trouble tuning in my traditions muzzleloader. i switched to triple seven powder. I was shooting 90 grains, It could not get it tuned in , as the shots were all over. Today I switched to 75 grains using 245 grain sabots , Got it tuned in in5 shots.
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse
    didn't stop at the handgun range. .It has a separate parking lot now and the range is right accross from the lot.

Someone help me out here...I was just up there this very evening and I completely missed the handgun range that everyone is talking about. There's two parking lots on the left that I always see on my way in. The first parking lot is at the handicap entrance, and the second parking lot shortly after it is the regular entrance that leads down the path to the rifle range. Is the pistol range located on the opposite side of the road from the handicap parking lot/entrance is, or is it located before that?

Sorry folks, I'm woefully unobservant.

(Franklin County)

I made a trip to the Michaux State Forest range(s) today and finally remembered to bring the camera. Here's a few shots of the range in it's current state for anyone who hasn't been up lately and was curious how things are going. Turned out I picked a good day to do this, as today was beautiful day!

Here's the brand new handgun range. As you can see there are still no benches yet, so it was a good thing I only brought my carry weapon to practice with.

Handgun range backstops. They look substantial enough, and should hold up for a while as long as idiots don't shoot them with rifles.

A view from the backstop.

The old range / rifle range. The benches and such haven't changed. Everything appears to be as it always as been, except I recall there used to be a wooden container for brass disposal.

The pistol backstops are now gone. Kinda wish they kept them, truth be told.

Close shot of the new rifle backstops. It's already been given a good drilling and seem to be holding up nicely.

(Elk County)

I heard this range was closed now. But I haven't seen it with my own eyes, yet.

(Franklin County)

I was up there shooting this weekend and it is still open and the backstops seem to be in good shape.
    ----------

Walthers: P99, PPK/s, P22, G22
    Kimber: Eclipse Target II .45

(Elk County)

Red face Re: Michaux St. Forest Range

Is that different from Caledonia range? Maybe its that one thats closed (assuming its not the same one).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast