Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Exclamation Pennsylvania’s Hunting Heritage is in Jeopardy!

sent from NRA

Pennsylvania’s Hunting Heritage is in Jeopardy!

Please Contact the Senate and House Judiciary Committees Today!
    Animal “rights” extremists are at it again and looking to dissolve Pennsylvania’s rich hunting heritage. Two bills, Senate Bill 843 and House Bill 1411, have been introduced and assigned to the Senate and House Judiciary Committees.

Simply put, these bills would criminalize and ban organized bird shoots in Pennsylvania by amending Title 18 ("Crimes and Offenses") of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes.

Pigeon shooting is an historic and legitimate activity steeped in tradition with many participants throughout the Commonwealth and around the world. For over one hundred years, shoots have been held in Pennsylvania by law-abiding, ethical shooting enthusiasts, hunters, and sportsmen who would not tolerate an activity that would constitute cruelty to animals.

National “animal rights” extremist groups, led by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), have organized and funded efforts in Pennsylvania and around the country to ban this longstanding traditional shooting sport. Make no mistake; this isn't just about banning pigeon shooting, but banning all hunting species by species.

Please contact the members of the Senate and House Judiciary Committees and the bills’ sponsors and respectfully urge them to oppose SB843 and HB1411.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania’s Hunting Heritage is in Jeopardy!

This bullshit is starting to get old. Releasing a bird from a cage, and shooting it when it tries to fly is not hunting. Animal rights types do have a anti- hunting agenda, but equating these Pigeon shoots to hunting is an insult to the majority of hunters.
    The activists screwed themselves as far as Hegins is concerned. The first year they showed up was to be the last year of their shoot, they weren't making enough money. Then the activists gave them some publicity. Now folks come out to see the circus.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: Pennsylvania’s Hunting Heritage is in Jeopardy!

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    This bullshit is starting to get old. Releasing a bird from a cage, and shooting it when it tries to fly is not hunting. Animal rights types do have a anti- hunting agenda, but equating these Pigeon shoots to hunting is an insult to the majority of hunters.
    The activists screwed themselves as far as Hegins is concerned. The first year they showed up was to be the last year of their shoot, they weren't making enough money. Then the activists gave them some publicity. Now folks come out to see the circus.
    I gotta agree with this. What the hell do Pigeon Shoots have to do with hunting? I think the point that the NRA makes about the anti's using this as a way to take it "one species at a time" is a stretch, even for NRA's standards.

If you want to shoot a pigeon, head to a farm. The farmers would appreciate it. Or a better idea, trap the winged rats form the big cities and release and shoot them, it'd at least benefit the city and reduce the bird shit on our monuments, not to mention cars, benches, etc.
    "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money, the shit has hit the fan." - W. Zevon

Quote Originally Posted by Delcoadvocate View Post
    I gotta agree with this. What the hell do Pigeon Shoots have to do with hunting? I think the point that the NRA makes about the anti's using this as a way to take it "one species at a time" is a stretch, even for NRA's standards.

If you want to shoot a pigeon, head to a farm. The farmers would appreciate it. Or a better idea, trap the winged rats form the big cities and release and shoot them, it'd at least benefit the city and reduce the bird shit on our monuments, not to mention cars, benches, etc.
    I agree as well, That is not "Hunting" that is like shooting fish in a barrel..Not to hard, open cage bird flies, your at the ready with your shotgun..It's like shooting trap..Real hunting takes skill,patiences and getting out in the animal's environment..Not goin to this type of BS..Just my .02

(Jefferson County)

Hunting or not, so long as the birds were private property or wild game, they could be either harvested or hunted just like any there farm animal or game animal.

This is just the anti's attempt to slowly erode hunting and shooting rights.

(Northumberland County)

i used to go to Pigeon matches with my dad when i was little ,i dont see them around anymore. i think they are ok for people who are training to hunt they could help add more skill for hunting birds.

(Schuylkill County)

Whether you agree with shooting pigeons or not, the gov should not be telling people they can't do something just because some people don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfaLehman View Post
    Whether you agree with shooting pigeons or not, the gov should not be telling people they can't do something just because some people don't agree with it.
    It's that i dont agree, I can care less if ppl shoot pigeons, But to put it in the same sentence with hunting that i dont agree, As for the govt i dont agree with that either, We are to be "Free", And it does not seem to be that way..Everyday they try to take more, chipping away til there is nothing left, that is why we have to pay attention to everything they (Govt) want to do.

(Lebanon County)

The point I am getting at here, is the NRA makes hunting look bad by grouping Pigeon Shoots with hunting. The majority of the posts here seem to agree.

With all the issues concerning 2A, frenzied buying of guns and ammo, and a definite anti 2A majority in Congress (Regardless of what they say), the NRA could find a more pressing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    The point I am getting at here, is the NRA makes hunting look bad by grouping Pigeon Shoots with hunting. The majority of the posts here seem to agree.
    I agree with you on your views of the "hunt" - I don't see the sporting chance for the bird. But, I have to dissagree with your stance that the NRA should not get involved.

To me it's like the same arguement over the NRA and evil black rifles - the stance that people with AR's "taint" the way "normal" rifle owners look - making the wood-stocked remchester crowd look bad.

All for one, one for all...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast