Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: I got my LTCF

(Monroe County)

Default I got my LTCF

Yesterday I took a trip to the Monroe County Sheriff's office and picked up my carry license.

It took 6 weeks but one of my references didn't respond in a timely fashion. All the people I dealt with at Sheriff's office were pleasant, polite and helpful. Never the less, it is irritating that a license is required to conceal and transport. I suppose that if we consider driving a vehicle to be a privilege granted to us by the state, than it follows that a firearm should be considered a privilege granted to us by the state. Freedom of unhindered movement is no less a natural right than is the individual right to possess a firearm. Why do we allow our natural rights to be slowly but inevitably eroded away?

Just as PA state law prohibits municipal gun regulations, so will our leftist congress enact federal legislation superior to state law. In addition to the legislation, means will be found to hinder the manufacture and distribution of firearms and ammunition.

Steve

Default Re: I got my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Muccione View Post
    Yesterday I took a trip to the Monroe County Sheriff's office and picked up my carry license.

It took 6 weeks but one of my references didn't respond in a timely fashion. All the people I dealt with at Sheriff's office were pleasant, polite and helpful. Never the less, it is irritating that a license is required to conceal and transport. I suppose that if we consider driving a vehicle to be a privilege granted to us by the state, than it follows that a firearm should be considered a privilege granted to us by the state. Freedom of unhindered movement is no less a natural right than is the individual right to possess a firearm. Why do we allow our natural rights to be slowly but inevitably eroded away?

Just as PA state law prohibits municipal gun regulations, so will our leftist congress enact federal legislation superior to state law. In addition to the legislation, means will be found to hinder the manufacture and distribution of firearms and ammunition.

Steve
    Welcome to our nightmare!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Welcome to our nightmare!
    What he said. Welcome!

(Bucks County)

Congratulations! Now if you move to Bucks County, you can have your license in less than a week...although it costs enough (46$).

-Zach

(Bucks County)

they actually checked your references???

(Northampton County)

Why do we allow our natural rights to be slowly but inevitably eroded away?
    I've been asking that question for a long time now & it's gotten me labled as a "nut" more than a few times.

I'm glad you got your LTCF. Carry & shoot safe. If a license holder does something wrong the media will run with it. Come to some of our get togethers & hang out with like minded people.