Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default OC story in Tioga County.

I decided to buy a suit. I dropped in to the Men's store in Wellsboro. I was toting my XD OWB but had a jacket on. I took it off to try on some jackets. The owner didn't notice it until He was looking at how the jacket hung. then he noted to bulge. Called it a Glock. I corrected him. He said he had a gun behind the counter. I ask if he practiced. He said he had never fired it. That stopped me for a second. then He said he had taken it in for an outstanding debt. I told him he really needs to practice. Going to see if we can't work something out when I go in to pick up the suit. Another guy can in to buy some slacks and he ask him if he practiced. The guy said "Oh yes, a lot". I think he has the picture but we will see.
    USNRET '61-'81

Default Re: OC story in Tioga County.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I decided to buy a suit. I dropped in to the Men's store in Wellsboro. I was toting my XD OWB but had a jacket on. I took it off to try on some jackets. The owner didn't notice it until He was looking at how the jacket hung. then he noted to bulge. Called it a Glock. I corrected him. He said he had a gun behind the counter. I ask if he practiced. He said he had never fired it. That stopped me for a second. then He said he had taken it in for an outstanding debt. I told him he really needs to practice. Going to see if we can't work something out when I go in to pick up the suit. Another guy can in to buy some slacks and he ask him if he practiced. The guy said "Oh yes, a lot". I think he has the picture but we will see.
    Good job! Get him to the range, so he knows how to use it.

(Lehigh County)

Before going to the range maybe you should try and find out if he got the gun legally. If he knows nothing about guns he may know nothing about legal transfers and just accepted it over the counter for a debt. It could be stolen or gotten illegally by the guy who gave it to him. Just saying.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    Before going to the range maybe you should try and find out if he got the gun legally. If he knows nothing about guns he may know nothing about legal transfers and just accepted it over the counter for a debt. It could be stolen or gotten illegally by the guy who gave it to him. Just saying.
    thats what i was thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    Pa. law generally prohibits transferring a firearm (handgun) to another party. Not receiving same.
    It's probably a stretch that he could be guilty of conspiracy in so far as the transfer. I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted for having a handgun that was not properly transferred.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Pa. law generally prohibits transferring a firearm (handgun) to another party. Not receiving same.
    It's probably a stretch that he could be guilty of conspiracy in so far as the transfer. I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted for having a handgun that was not properly transferred.
    IF he took the firearm to secure a loan(a debt could be construed to be a loan), it may be possible he violated 6115(a) too. However there is no penalty for it.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    IF he took the firearm to secure a loan(a debt could be construed to be a loan), it may be possible he violated 6115(a) too. However there is no penalty for it.
    Yes, true. Again the penalty is on the loaner.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Tioga County)

I gather from his wording at the time it was not a security for a loan but a payment for a debt. If he didn't do via an FFL it is not my problem.

I may bring it up if the subject comes up again. It is still his problem.
    USNRET '61-'81