Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Post Got my LCP to the range today

After almost a week of owning but not firing, finally got my Ruger LCP to the range today. Due to the scarcity of .380 ammo, I only shot about 30 rounds. Took some getting used to the long trigger pull and it does have a bit of a bite to it. Didn't help that I had my left thumb in the way of the slideback on the first shot (once burned twice shy). But I feel comfortable with it and have to remember it's purpose as a concealed pocket pistol. It did goup as well as could be expected with the sights nut I can see the need for a laser system and should get my Crimson Trace sights for it this weekend so will give another report then. In all I'm very pleased with it and just hope I never have to use it in defense. But...if needed we will both be ready.

(York County)

Default Re: Got my LCP to the range today

I picked my LCP up about 2 weeks ago. I've only put two mag loads (12 rounds) through it using Hornady Critical Defense ammo. The shop only had three boxes of .380 and would only sell me one of them (which was fair, IMHO).
    You're right about that long pull!!
    I didn't think recoil was bad, considering. All rounds were fired two hand grip. The first mag load was slow fire, the second was a bit quicker, but not what I'd consider rapid fire.
    No jams or other failures though, which is good. I was in a field and had no target...I was shooting to get a feel for the gun and check reliability. Normally, I put 200 or so rounds through a gun before I'll carry it, but might have to reduce that to 100 rounds due to limited ammo availability (which really sucks!!)
    I bought mine primarily as a back up piece, so I'll only shoot it at 3-7 yards for practice. If I can keep the rounds within a hand's breadth in rapid fire, I'll be very happy with this tiny pistol.
    Last edited by RoyJackson; April 25th, 2009 at 05:23 AM.