Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Any Walther PPK or PPK/S recall updates?

Got a Buddy that sent his in at the end of Feburary I believe, He's still waiting. They told him 5 weeks ago that it would be another 3 weeks.

But what can you do other than wait?

TJB
    Recoil Happens

My wife just got hers back about two weeks ago. It had been there 3 months. It miraculousy showed up 4 days after I called and sent an email inquiring about its status.

I would recommend staying on them if you send it in. The old "squeaky wheel gets the grease" approach.

(Bucks County)

I suspect mine is going to take some time. It has the hammer issue and a crack in the frame. I also suspect they are going to send me a mismatched frame which will not make me happy since the gun is a limited edition Walther Aristocrat.

I have a Stellar Arms PPK/S knock off that I have been carrying in the mean time. It isn't as nice or well built, but I would say it has been more reliable than my Walther. It feeds anything I give it and goes bang every time.

I've also been carrying my Beretta 92FS. That has been fun since it is such a large gun.

-Zach

Yes, I love my Beretta 92FS and yes, it is a little big. The military clip holds 15 rounds or 15+1 and that makes up for the feeling of having a bulldozer stuck inside my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by cap video View Post
    Yes, I love my Beretta 92FS and yes, it is a little big. The military clip holds 15 rounds or 15+1 and that makes up for the feeling of having a bulldozer stuck inside my belt.
    OK I know it's my own personal pet peeve, But Beretta 92's Never have and Never will take 'a Clip" They take Magazines.

M1 Garands, Mausers, etc...Take Clips.

Just doing my part to help educate America one student at a time.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Default It's Back from S&W

I called S&W Friday and they said mine was shipped on Tuesday and I should be getting it that day. They were correct. It now has the punch mark on the top of the dolphin fin. I'm heading to the range today to fire it.
    It took almost four months to get it back and I sent it in EARLY.

(Bucks County)

I received back my Walther Aristocrat PPK/S today!

I sent it to them on the 3rd of July. Because of the holiday weekend, they didn't receive it until the 7th. So they had it for 3 weeks and returned it. I'd say they are more or less caught up.

The returned it with the mark indicating the hammer was replaced and polished the feed ramp. They did return it even dirtier than I sent it and with no goodies included!

But they were pretty timely about it.

I also sent my Walther in for what appeared to be a crack in the slide rail, but it looks like they just polished out the nick in the frame. Hopefully it was just that and won't show its ugly face again.

-Zach

Mine has been back for the recall,and back three times since.Same problem every time,weak firing pin strikes.Does not go bang every time the trigger is pulled.It will be going back this week again for the same problem.If I have learned anything from this experience it is great trigger control,noflinching when round does not go bang(better groups).Prior to recall,gun worked perfect.

(Bucks County)

That is pretty ridiculous. What ammo are you using? And do you think it is the firing pin binding up or just not enough force on the primer?

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by burr00@comcast.net View Post
    Mine has been back for the recall,and back three times since.Same problem every time,weak firing pin strikes.Does not go bang every time the trigger is pulled.It will be going back this week again for the same problem.If I have learned anything from this experience it is great trigger control,noflinching when round does not go bang(better groups).Prior to recall,gun worked perfect.

I am using CCI Blazer Brass,handloads.Factory loads maybe 10%FTF,hand loads at least one FTF per magazine.I am using the same batch of primers for my 380ACP as I use in my 357 mag.Not any ftf in 686.686 Has a definite heavier strike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast