Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Smith and Wesson SW9VE

I just got the sw9ve and i took it apart and i tried putting it back together and i fucked it up and it went together wrong and now i can't seem to fix it.... heres a pick of how it looks.....if anyone has done this and knows what to do i would realllllly appreciate your help ASAP
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Smith and Wesson SW9VE

Looks like you put the recoil spring in wrong. Take the slide off. Put the small end of the spring in the hole under the barrel. Compress the spring slightly and butt the large end up against the recoil lug as close to the barrel as possible. Replace the slide.

Magazine must be removed to take off and replace the slide.

Good luck.
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Looks like you put the recoil spring in wrong. Take the slide off. Put the small end of the spring in the hole under the barrel. Compress the spring slightly and butt the large end up against the recoil lug as close to the barrel as possible. Replace the slide.

Magazine must be removed to take off and replace the slide.

Good luck.
    i ended up getting the slide off..but it wasn't easy as it looked, you could pull the slide back but it about 3x harder than if it was put on correctly....i tryed pulling the slide back and pushing the latch to open it but it wasn't working...someone the smith and wesson forums said the trigger ______ might be caught so i pulled the slide back and was pulling the trigger and the gun fell apart which was a huge relief.

But thanks for the help.

In the future anyone who has this gun and field strips it don't try putting the slide on from the back of the gun or what you see in the pics is what will happen.

(Adams County)

You have to pull the trigger before you take it apart...from what I remember. Sold mine, and instantly got better at hitting paper at 25 feet

Oh yeah, sure you know it but it still needs to be said...make sure it's empty before you pull the trigger.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    You have to pull the trigger before you take it apart...from what I remember. Sold mine, and instantly got better at hitting paper at 25 feet

Oh yeah, sure you know it but it still needs to be said...make sure it's empty before you pull the trigger.

camper
    ugh its late and i have such a bad head ache i feel mildy retarded lol but are you saying that sw9ve was holding you back? i don't really the 9ve to much...what would you suggest as a good Self D piece as well as something i can plink/target shoot in 9mm around 4 5 600 bucks

(Mercer County)

Take it to your girlfriend's dad for help...

*Alas, I see you are now selling it, claiming it is too big for your hands? Did you even hold it before you bought it? Or are you selling it just because you don't know how to field strip it?

By the way...your Sigma doesn't have a "clip." It's called a magazine.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Take it to your girlfriend's dad for help...

*Alas, I see you are now selling it, claiming it is too big for your hands? Did you even hold it before you bought it? Or are you selling it just because you don't know how to field strip it?

By the way...your Sigma doesn't have a "clip." It's called a magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    I just bought a SW9VE 9mm thrusday and i'm really not all that into it. It's a large for hand so I don't really want to keep it.

The guns price was $369 and after taxes and the backround check it was a little bit over 400. I'm not trying to make money on it, just getting back what paid for it since it is pracitally a brand new gun. I fired a clip or so of ammo.

$400 obo FTF, buyer pays all transfer fees (will meet at a reasonable distance, and once again no I will not drive to Pittsburg lol thats 6 hours away so don't ask)

will consider trades, 9mm with equal or greater value, something with a low round count. Would like a g19 or a XDM, if your trade is worth more than my gun i'll make up the difference with cash.

If you want to see pics of it PM,Email,AIM
    It comes with the S&W carrying case, 2 mags, manual, gun lock and chamber indicator.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day.
    that says MAG, not clip. if your going to follow someone around on the internet and make snive remarks on all there posts at least get your facts right so you don't look as stupid as you "think" i am.....don't talk to me about being young and stupid, your how old? stalking people online, grow up man.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

what would you suggest as a good Self D piece as well as something i can plink/target shoot in 9mm around 4 5 600 bucks
    M&P +10 bitches

(Lackawanna County)

XD or XDm ; M&P
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Originally Posted by mickey01023
    I just bought a SW9VE 9mm thrusday and i'm really not all that into it. It's a large for hand so I don't really want to keep it.

The guns price was $369 and after taxes and the backround check it was a little bit over 400. I'm not trying to make money on it, just getting back what paid for it since it is pracitally a brand new gun. I fired a clip or so of ammo.

$400 obo FTF, buyer pays all transfer fees (will meet at a reasonable distance, and once again no I will not drive to Pittsburg lol thats 6 hours away so don't ask)

will consider trades, 9mm with equal or greater value, something with a low round count. Would like a g19 or a XDM, if your trade is worth more than my gun i'll make up the difference with cash.

If you want to see pics of it PM,Email,AIM
    It comes with the S&W carrying case, 2 mags, manual, gun lock and chamber indicator.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day.

that says MAG, not clip. if your going to follow someone around on the internet and make snive remarks on all there posts at least get your facts right so you don't look as stupid as you "think" i am.....don't talk to me about being young and stupid, your how old? stalking people online, grow up man.
    Why do you find it nessesary to argue with every one? You said you fired a "Clip" or so of ammo... Dont argue what you say and then quote yourself as proof...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast