Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Lackawanna County)

Default Smith and Wesson SW9VE

I just got the sw9ve and i took it apart and i tried putting it back together and i fucked it up and it went together wrong and now i can't seem to fix it.... heres a pick of how it looks.....if anyone has done this and knows what to do i would realllllly appreciate your help ASAP
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Smith and Wesson SW9VE

Looks like you put the recoil spring in wrong. Take the slide off. Put the small end of the spring in the hole under the barrel. Compress the spring slightly and butt the large end up against the recoil lug as close to the barrel as possible. Replace the slide.

Magazine must be removed to take off and replace the slide.

Good luck.
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Looks like you put the recoil spring in wrong. Take the slide off. Put the small end of the spring in the hole under the barrel. Compress the spring slightly and butt the large end up against the recoil lug as close to the barrel as possible. Replace the slide.

Magazine must be removed to take off and replace the slide.

Good luck.
    i ended up getting the slide off..but it wasn't easy as it looked, you could pull the slide back but it about 3x harder than if it was put on correctly....i tryed pulling the slide back and pushing the latch to open it but it wasn't working...someone the smith and wesson forums said the trigger ______ might be caught so i pulled the slide back and was pulling the trigger and the gun fell apart which was a huge relief.

But thanks for the help.

In the future anyone who has this gun and field strips it don't try putting the slide on from the back of the gun or what you see in the pics is what will happen.

(Adams County)

You have to pull the trigger before you take it apart...from what I remember. Sold mine, and instantly got better at hitting paper at 25 feet

Oh yeah, sure you know it but it still needs to be said...make sure it's empty before you pull the trigger.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    You have to pull the trigger before you take it apart...from what I remember. Sold mine, and instantly got better at hitting paper at 25 feet

Oh yeah, sure you know it but it still needs to be said...make sure it's empty before you pull the trigger.

camper
    ugh its late and i have such a bad head ache i feel mildy retarded lol but are you saying that sw9ve was holding you back? i don't really the 9ve to much...what would you suggest as a good Self D piece as well as something i can plink/target shoot in 9mm around 4 5 600 bucks

(Mercer County)

Take it to your girlfriend's dad for help...

*Alas, I see you are now selling it, claiming it is too big for your hands? Did you even hold it before you bought it? Or are you selling it just because you don't know how to field strip it?

By the way...your Sigma doesn't have a "clip." It's called a magazine.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    what would you suggest as a good Self D piece as well as something i can plink/target shoot in 9mm around 4 5 600 bucks
    M&P +10 bitches

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    ugh its late and i have such a bad head ache i feel mildy retarded lol but are you saying that sw9ve was holding you back? i don't really the 9ve to much...what would you suggest as a good Self D piece as well as something i can plink/target shoot in 9mm around 4 5 600 bucks
    What I'm saying is that I was not shooting well with it. I thought the grip was comfortable, I had the sights lined up with the target, and when I pulled the trigger while aiming at the red dot the shots never hit the same area twice.

I traded it in for a Beretta 92FS which was $600 retail, and I have been much happier and far more accurate.

I hate to say that it was holding me back, but I will say that I shot better on other guns. Much of that could have been the trigger, but when I was trading it in someone else that was there had the same accuracy complaint I did (he had a .40 version) and the guy behind the counter told me other people complained about the gun too and every one he sold was brought back for an exchange.

Other people here love them, so maybe there was a bad batch. Very comfortable grip with the gun, but I never really felt good shooting it. I was never was satisfied with it, and I couldn't figure out why...but it was the only gun I've had that I felt that way with so I didn't have a problem getting rid of it.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Glock, M&P, and the XD are all good, lightweight choices about that price range. Try them out and see if you like them. All are reliable. Personally, I favor the Glock and M&P. XD is top heavy.

You made some mistakes, theres a TON of information on this site about firearm laws. Read up on them, and heed people's advice. We're a very safety oriented group and try to stay out of trouble. Stick around and learn, and you will learn to be safer Don't take anything personal, just trying to keep you from messing up.

Proper English makes things easier to read for us, by the way. It also helps you sound smarter
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence