Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Shipping Answers (to questions that are often asked)

FedEx came by and picked it up. So we will see how long it takes to get down to TX.
    WE ARE...PENN STATE!!

(Lebanon County)

Shotgun was successfully delivered Monday morning to Mossberg Service according to the FedEx tracking number. But have not gotten a call or email from them. Is this normal?
    WE ARE...PENN STATE!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by DTFTH45 View Post
    Shotgun was successfully delivered Monday morning to Mossberg Service according to the FedEx tracking number. But have not gotten a call or email from them. Is this normal?
    Yes

(Allegheny County)

Bump for our newer members who may not realize the details of shipping/mailing handguns and long guns and what the differences are between the two.

(Delaware County)

I have an opportunity to buy a rifle in FL, but am not there to look it over. I was going to have my brother look it over and pay the guy for it. The seller is asking that my brother provide a DL and bill of sale to complete the transaction on his end. My brother would then ship the rifle to my FFL, who would then legally transfer it over to me.

My question is...Since I initiated contant with the seller, does my brothers involvement in buying the rifle for me, but complying with FL law, put either of us in jeopardy? Straw purchase comes to mind.

I need to make sure I am good to go, before proceeding with the sale. I am concerned that since I initiated contact and the rifle is ultimately coming to me, having my brother buy it is not in compliance with gun laws.

(Indiana County)

Having your brother act as your agent and then shipping to an ffl here doesn't seem shady IMO but I'm not a lawyer or ATF agent.

Maybe have your brother look it over, you provide the seller with your FFL info and payment and have him ship it to your FFL here.
    This way your brother is not taking possession of, paying for or otherwise "connected" to the sale other than being your eyes in Florida?

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I have an opportunity to buy a rifle in FL, but am not there to look it over. I was going to have my brother look it over and pay the guy for it. The seller is asking that my brother provide a DL and bill of sale to complete the transaction on his end. My brother would then ship the rifle to my FFL, who would then legally transfer it over to me.

My question is...Since I initiated contant with the seller, does my brothers involvement in buying the rifle for me, but complying with FL law, put either of us in jeopardy? Straw purchase comes to mind.

I need to make sure I am good to go, before proceeding with the sale. I am concerned that since I initiated contact and the rifle is ultimately coming to me, having my brother buy it is not in compliance with gun laws.
    While I'm no lawyer, and I think it's B.S. I can't help but think this is a lot like "Abramski v. United States". link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abramski_v._United_States

Under the circumstances, as an FFL I would not allow your brother to complete the 4473 knowing that he is not the intended buyer.

He could look it over and give you his report and then you could pay and have FFL send it to your FFL
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    While I'm no lawyer, and I think it's B.S. I can't help but think this is a lot like "Abramski v. United States". link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abramski_v._United_States

Under the circumstances, as an FFL I would not allow your brother to complete the 4473 knowing that he is not the intended buyer.

He could look it over and give you his report and then you could pay and have FFL send it to your FFL
    This case came to mind as I was contemplating how to go about the purchase. In FL the sale can be consumated without an FFL. Its similar to PA, in that, a long gun can be purchased without a FFL getting involved in the transfer...no 4473 form to complete.

The seller does not want to take payment from me, if I am not the one going to buy the rifle. He did not want to ship the rifle either. Only looking to complete this deal if we are both in the clear 100%.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    This case came to mind as I was contemplating how to go about the purchase. In FL the sale can be consumated without an FFL. Its similar to PA, in that, a long gun can be purchased without a FFL getting involved in the transfer...no 4473 form to complete.

The seller does not want to take payment from me, if I am not the one going to buy the rifle. He did not want to ship the rifle either. Only looking to complete this deal if we are both in the clear 100%.
    Find another rifle.

Seller is being unreasonable.

(Lehigh County)

If it were me, and this is a hard to find rifle or an exceptional deal, I would see if your brother could arrange to meet the seller at the shipping location, have your brother act as your agent to sign the bill of sale that shows the rifle being sold to you in care of your FFL. The seller is covered since he is sending it to a FFL out of state, not an individual. You are covered since you are going thru your FFL. Your brother need not take possession, so he is covered.

If not possible, see Flathead's comment above. Or if the rifle is anything like what I have in the classifieds, forget FL, and buy locally.
    Last edited by gghbi; June 29th, 2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast