Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default My new capital venture.. :)

So I've decided that I need some extra cash flow...(don't we all...) I had no idea how to go about getting a second job with the 12 hour a day job I have already. So, I thought long and hard, and decided.... I'll start my OWN business! haha.

I'm kinda just tooling around right now, doing minor things. I detail vehicles. My uncle has a 95 Ford Ranger that he let goto pot. He has NEVER EVER washed it. So I figured, this would be the perfect truck to show what I can do! (At least it wouldn't hurt! cause ANYTHING would make this truck look better.) I'm no miracle worker, but I think I'm pretty good. I did his truck using NO machines.... ALL of this was done BY HAND. Once I get enough money, I'm going to buy a 7" grinder and attach my buffing wheel so I can REALLY get the hard to clean stuff done.... but for now, I think I'm doing an ok job!

Here's some before and after shots to show yinz guys how it turned out...

Before:

Ok and now... the Afters:

In the fender where you can see the gas door, that white stripe of paint, I will be able to remove once i get my buffer.....
    Last edited by Bmarshall91; April 20th, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: My new capital venture.. :)

Does it run/drive any better now??? lol

BTW, nice work.. I can give you directions to where my truck is parked for you to practice some more..

(Allegheny County)

Wow ... that looks great. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Does it run/drive any better now??? lol

BTW, nice work.. I can give you directions to where my truck is parked for you to practice some more..
    HAHA. thanks.

It actually gets 2.5 MORE miles to the gallon!!! aerodynamically better! lol... wind doesn't have to compete with the raised surfaces of dirt to glide over the truck anymore... LOL... (total bs...)

OH BY THE BY.....

I am going to charge $200 for trucks $150 for cars, BUT! If you guys want your car done, I'll charge EVERYONE no matter what type of vehicle (except for like BUSES and big stuff like that) $120. Just pm me here, and I'll hook yinz up! It took me 3 hours to do the above pictured truck... so I'm pretty quick.

Remember though, I live in New Castle. That's West side of state.
    Last edited by Bmarshall91; April 20th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

(Blair County)

Nice work. I'm not a vehicle maint. guy either like your uncle. Rain washes mine mostly. If I do wash it, it will rain that day for sure.

Oddly enough I do wash and wax my boat though.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Beaver County)

Even the ding looks special now!!!!
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOVEL View Post
    Nice work. I'm not a vehicle maint. guy either like your uncle. Rain washes mine mostly. If I do wash it, it will rain that day for sure.

Oddly enough I do wash and wax my boat though.

Brad
    Yeah, see here's the problem with not washing or waxing your car:

Acid rain. Two words. But acid rain EATS your paint like nothing else. Wax wears off of painted surfaces when the rain hits your car. Dirt is deposited from the rain onto your car. When raindrops form on your car they act like tiny magnifying glasses.... and when the sun comes out, that light and heat is magnified through the water onto your paint. Without a good coat of wax on your car, the heat and light soon start to break up the paint causing little cracks. Water gets through those cracks and starts to rust. Rust under paint is bad because you can't see it until it's eaten through most of the body panel, then it's too late.

If you keep a good coat of wax on your car, and keep it clean your car will last a very long time. If not, you'll have a nice rusty car!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMtnJack View Post
    Even the ding looks special now!!!!
    haha! like i said, "I'm no miracle worker!"

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    Yeah, see here's the problem with not washing or waxing your car:

Acid rain. Two words. But acid rain EATS your paint like nothing else. Wax wears off of painted surfaces when the rain hits your car. Dirt is deposited from the rain onto your car. When raindrops form on your car they act like tiny magnifying glasses.... and when the sun comes out, that light and heat is magnified through the water onto your paint. Without a good coat of wax on your car, the heat and light soon start to break up the paint causing little cracks. Water gets through those cracks and starts to rust. Rust under paint is bad because you can't see it until it's eaten through most of the body panel, then it's too late.

If you keep a good coat of wax on your car, and keep it clean your car will last a very long time. If not, you'll have a nice rusty car!
    Yep, understood. I have been known to mangle a $50,000 plus pick up within the first week of ownership more than once. To me they are just tools.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Lawrence County)

Yes they are definatly tools, but also are VERY EXPENSIVE tools...say you left your socket wrench in a puddle of coolant... would you just throw it back in the tool box all wet and dirty like that? or would you at least clean/dry it off? in todays economy, where people are trying to hold onto their money as long as they can; as trivial as it may seem, a good detail AT LEAST once a year is good for your car, and can keep it's body looking like new for a very long time. Thus avoiding some costly repairs to your investment, if not replacing it all together.

If it's not the engine giving you a problem, rust is... and just for us guys/gals who live in the beautiful state of PA, where it snows more then the sun is out, guess what happens when you throw ROAD SALT in the mix!!! haha.... A car inspection agent CAN and HAS failed cars for too much body rust. (it's happened to me.)

I'm sorry if this is sounding like a commercial... But I'm pitching the importance of a clean vehicle to a guy who lives 6 hours away from me... I know he won't be in to get me to do his car anytime soon! lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast