Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wicen's Farm

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Wicen's Farm

http://www.wicenshootingrange.com/

I shot there today for the first time. 100 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range, and trap shoot. All outdoors. Very friendly people.

15$ to shoot all day...and 10$ for your first time there.

It was my first time shooting rifles and I'd definitely go back there.

-Zach

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Wicen's Farm

Definately Agree. I was there yesturday. Thumbs up for Wicens. Everyone is very friendly and courteous. The rifle range is excellet but the handgun range leaves something to be desired. I felt somewhat confined in the handgun area.

Good location too, as tanners is right around the corner

(Philadelphia County)

Also if anyone is interested in setting up a group shoot there, I am very much interested

(Bucks County)

I agree on Wicens. I was also there this weekend! My wife and I decided to dig the guns out and go shooting, since the weather was really nice.
    -Mark

(Bucks County)

Wicen's is fine for:
    People who don't shoot often(like 2-3x a yr)
    People who live close-by and won't drive more than 5 miles to range
    People who are too lazy to seek out gun clubs to join, don't want to be bothered with "memberships"
    People who have ALOT of extra money to piss out the window if shooting on regular basis(2-4x a month or more).

If you fall into any of the above, then by all means, enjoy your time at Wicen's.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    Wicen's is fine for:
    People who don't shoot often(like 2-3x a yr)
    People who live close-by and won't drive more than 5 miles to range
    People who are too lazy to seek out gun clubs to join, don't want to be bothered with "memberships"
    People who have ALOT of extra money to piss out the window if shooting on regular basis(2-4x a month or more).

If you fall into any of the above, then by all means, enjoy your time at Wicen's.
    Oh damn Im to lazy to seek out a club....doh!

Lets use langhorne as an example.....per their website (and it might not be current but im using it anyway) its 150.00 a year plus 75 for new members. So thats 225.00 for the first year. Wicens is 15 per day for the range and 10$ for range badges...so lets say I go up and im there for the 1st time....I pay my 15$ and get two badges....one for rifle and one for pistol. Thats another 15....so im up to 30$ for the day...and after that its only 15$ each time I come up because I already have the range badges. To get to langhornes price id have to visit the range 14 times the first year at Wicens...which I might do....but on average I go once a month.

Its not that we are lazy...its that we dont want to join a club.

We are going tomorrow...Sunday the 21st.
    Last edited by Kodiak; June 20th, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Oh damn Im to lazy to seek out a club....doh!

Lets use langhorne as an example (one of, if not THE most expensive gun club in the area..but go on..) .....per their website (and it might not be current but im using it anyway) its 150.00 a year plus 75 for new members. So thats 225.00 for the first year. Wicens is 15 per day for the range and 10$ for range badges (actually it's $15 a day + $10 first station, $5 for second, and since you're using Langhorne as example, might as well have ALL abilities too so another $5 for third station of shotgun..) ...so lets say I go up and im there for the 1st time....I pay my 15$ and get two badges....one for rifle and one for pistol. Thats another 15....so im up to 30$ for the day (add third badge=$35) ...and after that its only 15$ each time I come up because I already have the range badges. To get to langhornes price id have to visit the range 14 times (actually 13x) the first year at Wicens...which I might do....but on average I go once a month.

Its not that we are lazy...its that we dont want to join a club.

We are going tomorrow...Sunday the 21st. (Have at it!)
    So, other than your choice of most expensive range in region in an attempt to dispell whatever I said...what did I say that was incorrect? By your data and the corrected numbers, doesn't going to range around once a month fall into the category of "don't shoot often"?
    How bout my numbers? One of my ranges is $15...A YEAR! So, if I went to the range 13 times like you are indicating, it costs me...stay with me...$15 total. At Wicen's, the same 13 trips will cost you..how much?? that's right..$215! If that's the case, wouldn't you fall into the last category of "have alot of money to piss out the window"? Hmmm? This was too easy.

(Berks County)

So, other than your choice of most expensive range in region in an attempt to dispell whatever I said...what did I say that was incorrect? By your data and the corrected numbers, doesn't going to range around once a month fall into the category of "don't shoot often"?
    How bout my numbers? One of my ranges is $15...A YEAR! So, if I went to the range 13 times like you are indicating, it costs me...stay with me...$15 total. At Wicen's, the same 13 trips will cost you..how much?? that's right..$215! If that's the case, wouldn't you fall into the last category of "have alot of money to piss out the window"? Hmmm? This was too easy.
    I wasnt trying to dispel anything you said. Basically you said Wicens is for those who casually shoot or dont want to deal with memberships.

Your original post was somewhat snide even if you didnt intend it to come across as such.

I used Langhorne as an example and im sure there are cheaper ones out there.....such as the one you named....What range do you goto that is 15$ a year?

How many ranges within say 20 miles of the city are 15$ annually? Even Holmesburg...which I can basically walk to....costs a considerable amount and has bizzare range rules.
    Last edited by Kodiak; June 20th, 2009 at 02:07 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I wasnt trying to dispel anything you said (umm..yeah you were. Don't insult me by saying that) . Basically you said Wicens is for those who casually shoot or dont want to deal with memberships. (Actually I gave several reasons that going to Wicen's would make sense for)
    Your original post was somewhat snide even if you didnt intend it to come across as such. (Yeah? you too)

I used Langhorne as an example and im sure there are cheaper ones out there.....such as the one you named....What range do you goto that is 15$ a year? Paletown Rod and Gun club in Quakertown.

How many ranges within say 20 miles of the city are 15$ annually? Even Holmesburg...which I can basically walk to....costs a considerable amount and has bizzare range rules. I did my homework and found several in my general area for less than $75 a year
    Still waiting for you to tell me where I was incorrect.

(Philadelphia County)

Still waiting for you to tell me where I was incorrect.
    I'm waiting for you to tell me what range costs $15.00 bucks a year. Cough it up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast