Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Meh...Now It's My Turn To Be Unemployed

At 8:30 yesterday morning, I got a phone call at my desk. It was my boss asking me to come down to conference room 1. The only reason to get called to conference room 1 is to get punished or fired, so I pretty much figured it was the latter.

Yup.

I walk in and my boss is sitting there with the corporate head of HR.

In a nutshell, sales are down 40% from last year. When the number is that big, you know heads are gonna roll. This time around, it's my head. I knew it was coming, though. I've been doing peon jobs for the last several months. No major assignments - just cleanup work. Yay.

So, now I'm living off my "separation package" until I find another job. If I don't find something, then it's time to apply for unenjoyment compensation.

Change I can believe in, for sure.

So, I'm sending resumes today. If anyone knows of anything in Western PA (up to one hour from Grove City) in the advertising/public relations/marketing field, let me know!

(Washington County)

Default Re: Meh...Now It's My Turn To Be Unemployed

Sorry to hear that.
    Good luck finding a new job on the quick.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    At 8:30 yesterday morning, I got a phone call at my desk. It was my boss asking me to come down to conference room 1. The only reason to get called to conference room 1 is to get punished or fired, so I pretty much figured it was the latter.

Yup.

I walk in and my boss is sitting there with the corporate head of HR.

In a nutshell, sales are down 40% from last year. When the number is that big, you know heads are gonna roll. This time around, it's my head. I knew it was coming, though. I've been doing peon jobs for the last several months. No major assignments - just cleanup work. Yay.

So, now I'm living off my "separation package" until I find another job. If I don't find something, then it's time to apply for unenjoyment compensation.

Change I can believe in, for sure.

So, I'm sending resumes today. If anyone knows of anything in Western PA (up to one hour from Grove City) in the advertising/public relations/marketing field, let me know!
    I would file for unemployment now because it takes like 1-1 1/2 months to start receiving any type of check from them.

if you do find a job, you just stop filing the claims..simple as that.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Philadelphia County)

I am truly sorry to hear this news, Paradigm. I hope you can find employment soon.

My friend was laid off last week, and my other friend may be laid off this week. They work for the same company, too.

(Somerset County)

I thinik Acorn is about the only people hiring .

Sorry about your loss .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Hubby has been unemployed since Oct. 18th. That's what happens when you're too far up the chain, over qualified for most jobs and the top spots aren't opening up........
    I hope you get another job ASAP.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    Hubby has been unemployed since Oct. 18th. That's what happens when you're too far up the chain, over qualified for most jobs and the top spots aren't opening up........
    I hope you get another job ASAP.
    and the sad thing is...sometimes when you're 'over qualified' you can't even find a job do anything else!

a friend of mine is a tattoo artist and wanted to pick up some hours at toys r us building bikes to bring home some extra cash and they said no, he was over qualified..WTF is that?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I would file for unemployment now because it takes like 1-1 1/2 months to start receiving any type of check from them.

if you do find a job, you just stop filing the claims..simple as that.
    He's got it right. Some people feel bad about going on unemployment, but this is how I see it. Chances are, most people will never use the program(ETA: but right now thats not the case, I know quite a few people who are on unemployment because there are no jobs here), but when you do, consider how much tax money you've been raped of, and furthermore how much of that money was spent on useless bullshit programs to try and stop heroin addicts from collapsing their veins. If you need to go on unemployment for a few months, maybe even up to a year, I feel as a good citizen you deserve it.

This might be going too far in some peoples eyes, but maybe take the time to go on a little vacation with the fam.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    If you need to go on unemployment for a few months, maybe even up to a year, I feel as a good citizen you deserve it.
    As an anarchist I officially endorse this. You've been robbed of enough... and besides, it's a way to bleed the beast.

(Delaware County)

I went from making like $600-700/week to $200/week on unemployment..now that's depressing!

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    He's got it right. Some people feel bad about going on unemployment, but this is how I see it. Chances are, most people will never use the program(ETA: but right now thats not the case, I know quite a few people who are on unemployment because there are no jobs here), but when you do, consider how much tax money you've been raped of, and furthermore how much of that money was spent on useless bullshit programs to try and stop heroin addicts from collapsing their veins. If you need to go on unemployment for a few months, maybe even up to a year, I feel as a good citizen you deserve it.

This might be going too far in some peoples eyes, but maybe take the time to go on a little vacation with the fam.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast