Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wicen's Farm

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Wicen's Farm

hell mine was $20.00 to join and only $10.00 a year and its cheaper for my kids to be members at $15.00 to join and $7.00 a year.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by kutblok View Post
    I'm waiting for you to tell me what range costs $15.00 bucks a year. Cough it up.
    He said Paletown Rod and Gun club in Quakertown.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    Still waiting for you to tell me where I was incorrect.
    Never said you were.

As far as Paletown goes...are you saying your a member even though you said this back in '07?

I went to a Paletown Rod and Gun club meeting once, never again. I never felt so unwelcome in my life. I tried saying hello to ppl, but got a less then warm reception everytime. They looked at me as if I was a tax-collector looking to take their spread. I asked a cpl ppl how to become a member and most either shrugged their shoulders or said you have to talk to so-and-so who isn't here and was left at that. It's a shame because I live about 3 min from the range.
    Anywho, I am a member of Springtown Rod and Gun club now. It is about 10 miles north of Quakertown on Rt. 212 in Springtown(go figure). Membership is $25 a year with a $25 initiation and can be obtained once a month year round. Apps can be had at the Gulf station next to the entrance on Rt 212. The range is normally empty, which is the part I like the best.
    I am in the process of becoming a member of Trevose gun club which deals with Wicens Shooting Range. Wicens is great, but $15 everytime is kinda pricey if you want to go a few times a month as I do. But, if you are a member of Trevose gun club, your yearly dues cover you at Wicens for the year.
    What changed you mind about Paletown?

(Bucks County)

Became friends with another board member who is a member at Paletown. He convinced me the $15 a year membership was worth joining, even though it is full of >70yr old members. I joined for the convenience, as it is exactly 3 miles from my house, but I go to Ridge & Valley more, which is 6 miles.
    I hope this satisfies your thirst for finding some incorrection in what I have said now or 2 yrs ago, but I'm sure you will do even more research in your quest of disproval and I'll answer any and all questions your may raise.
    As far as you never saying I was incorrect...let's revisit the very first sentence you wrote stirring the pot, shall we?

Oh damn Im to lazy to seek out a club....doh!

Didn't say I was incorrect, true, but tone was dismissive and condescending. I will gladly meet whatever challenges you wish to continually raise for me, as long as you wish. In reality, I wish you'd just give it up already.
    Last edited by QuakertownRich; June 23rd, 2009 at 06:29 AM.

(Berks County)

Didn't say I was incorrect, true, but tone was dismissive and condescending. I will gladly meet whatever challenges you wish to continually raise for me, as long as you wish. In reality, I wish you'd just give it up already.
    Didnt know I was posing a challenge for you.

(Philadelphia County)

Not trying to break up the shitstorm, but I've had a good time at Wicen's the few times I was there.

The people have been nice and helpful but the first time they basically babysit you making sure you're a safe shooter and then you earn a range badge.

It is a bit expensive if you go often, but due to my location and traffic it's not convenient to.

Unfortunately there aren't many outdoor ranges near the city.
    I was looking into Holmesburg, but due to the overly strict rules and horror stories of being locked out and not allowed to shoot while CO's are training, I rather spend take a look at Langhorne.
    They seem to have interesting shoots fairly often and claim that they're "black rifle friendly" hopefully meaning they're aren't restrictions like 3 rounds in the mag MAX and slowfire only.

(Philadelphia County)

Became friends with another board member who is a member at Paletown. He convinced me the $15 a year membership was worth joining, even though it is full of <70yr old members. I joined for the convenience, as it is exactly 3 miles from my house, but I go to Ridge & Valley more, which is 6 miles.
    I hope this satisfies your thirst for finding some incorrection in what I have said now or 2 yrs ago, but I'm sure you will do even more research in your quest of disproval and I'll answer any and all questions your may raise.
    As far as you never saying I was incorrect...let's revisit the very first sentence you wrote stirring the pot, shall we?

Oh damn Im to lazy to seek out a club....doh!

Yo! i'M FROM pHILLY. Fill me in on Paletown rod and gun. You seem a most worthy folk to me. I am 63. (close to 70) For $15.00/yr I'm ready to cut your lawn, take orders, act humble etc. Hook me up. In addition, I live safety.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by he11zna View Post
    It is a bit expensive if you go often, but due to my location and traffic it's not convenient to.
    Bingo....not all of us are fortunate enough to live near a cheap range.

(Bucks County)

done. 33? really?
    Last edited by QuakertownRich; June 20th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

(Berks County)

done. 33? really?
    And a Marine Veteran...anything else OM?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast