Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default We should have destroyed our nukes and disarmed our armies during the cold war

Sounds ridiculous, but it appears to me that is the logic antis use when it comes to guns and gun control.

Criminals have guns of all sorts from pistols to fully automatic weapons. Basically the Obama administration and many antis who want to abolish gun ownership for honest citizens will unwittingly tilt the balance of power to criminals if they ever get there way. Will the criminals give up their guns because of laws? No of course not. Now lets apply this to the cold war.

America: Hey we have decided to disarm and destroy all our Nukes and other weapons.

Soviet Russia: Awesome idea, I am sure that will work out just great for you.

America: Okay, we are sure that you will be on your best behavior since we won't be able to defend ourselves. Right. We are trusting you.

Soviet Russia: Of course, you getting rid of your weapons will make the world a much better place!

America: Okay, we destroyed all our weapons, we are now morally superior!

Soviet Russia: Really???? I can't believe you are really that dumb.

America: Да Мастер ("yes master" in Russian)

Honest citizens owning guns creates a balance of power between us and criminals. Giving up our defenses will give too many criminals the upper hand over honest citizens. A situation that should never happen. IMO
    Last edited by internet troll; May 1st, 2013 at 08:25 AM.