Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Question Curious - Opinions and Thoughts - PreBan OA-93

Hey Guys, I'm curious to know what everyone's opinion is on the Olympic Arms OA-93. I am offering a Pre-Ban for sale and wanted to know if this is something you would own or buy? What do you think of the design without the buffer tube? Does the fact it's Pre-Ban with different internals make any difference to you as a buyer / owner? Does the Single Digit S/N make any difference to you?

Let those comments fly...

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Curious - Opinions and Thoughts - PreBan OA-93

The term pre-ban means jack doodly crap since September of 2004 in PA and most other states.. Its not a selling point for any of the free states anymore.. Any gun from before, during, and after the "ban" can now have any of the banned feature - except in those states that have their own AWB.

The term "pre-ban" actually turns some folks off like me from looking at it for a potential purchase because we know that the person selling it is either trying to gouge intentionally with the label, or gouge unintentionally not knowing the that it means nothing.

BTW, nice gun. I want one of those Olympics more than I want my left nut. I frigg'n hate buffer tubes on AR pistols, and Olympic seams to be the only one that makes a decent non-buffer tube pistl.

Exclamation Re: Curious - Opinions and Thoughts - PreBan OA-93

I normally would agree with you about gouging... but this particular gun has an interesting past. It is Serial Number 5 of the "DB" series. There were only 50 of this series made and they were the first ones assembled in 1993 (by hand).

The internals and barrel are also different in comparison to the new OA-93's which are still hard to find.

The new ones are (MSRP) at $1249... I'm only asking $2399... Even if you found a new OA-93 right now, expect to pay $1700-$1800. So, why not just buy #5 and own a superior product and a bit of history???

It also comes with a Cert. of Authenticity signed by the CEO of Oly Arms

Opinions ? Flawed Logic ?

(Jefferson County)

If such is the case, then just drop the pre-ban label and hype the SN 5 of the DB series instead since that is more important than "pre-ban". Pre-ban just makes it sound like a gouging-to-be or like the ban actually means something now.

Now if you were in NY, NJ, CA or one of them states, I'd hype the "pre-ban" label. However you're in FL, I know FL's laws, "pre-ban" means nothing in itself. And if you were to sell it, most states that have that ban also forbid importing them from other states after the enactment to even use the "pre-ban" hype.

Thumbs up Re: Curious - Opinions and Thoughts - PreBan OA-93

Actually I agree... I bought in when I was living in Wilkes Barre... kind of wish I was still there

Strangely enough, yesterday I believe the gun became sold to a collector down south. We'll see if / when the check arrives.

And... lets hope we don't see another "Ban" in our lifetimes.

(Jefferson County)

If you sold it for the $2399 that you mentioned before - good job!

Those are really nice guns, and one of the very few military looking type guns I want. (EBR/EBP's are just not my cup of tea)

Talking Re: Curious - Opinions and Thoughts - PreBan OA-93

Yup, Done Deal with check in the bank... I feel the new owner received a fair deal. I'm just working on selling my DPMS now. I personally do see the value to a collector based on the S/N, but that being said... I don't think I'll be buying any more "safe queens".

Quote Originally Posted by JustM88 View Post

It also comes with a Cert. of Authenticity signed by the CEO of Oly Arms

Opinions ? Flawed Logic ?
    Would that be Robert C. Schuetz? If so, I wouldn't personally make a big stink about that detail. His legacy lives on, and we're paying 2 - 5 times more for 7.62x39 ammo, thanks to him. (details).

The price of a long memory, I guess.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html