Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Cabelas Gun Policy PRINT THIS OUT!!!

Here's a PDF.

Attached Files Attached Files

Last edited by mikey; February 1st, 2010 at 11:41 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Hey!!! That looks just like the one that I got!!!

Thanks for the help. I could not have sent it without your help. Rep sent
    Thank you for posting it. This looks slightly more official to print out than just a copy/paste of the text.

(Dauphin County)

Angry Re: Cabelas Gun Policy PRINT THIS OUT!!!

I remember reading this thread a few months ago and was very happy to see that Cabela's had published a policy.

Anyway... today, my father, sister, and I traveled to Cabela's in Hamburg, PA from York County. When we arrived, I noticed the new carry policy on 2 of the main doors.

After shopping, I wanted to stop by customer service to get an official copy with Cabela's letterhead, etc. to post here for anyone's reference. Here is a paraphrased conversation:

Customer Service lady: Hi, can I help you?
    Me - Yes, I'm looking for a hard copy of your gun policy.

CSL - What? We don't have paper copies here.

Me - Alright. Is it on your website?

CSL - What? I don't know if it is on our website. But we don't have copies of it in this store either.

Me - Ma'am you have a copy on your doors, but you don't have another copy you can make a copy of??

CSL - Sir, why do you need a copy of our policy?

Me - I'd like a copy for my own personal reference. Is the policy on your website? Can I speak to a manager? Maybe they can get me a copy.

CSL - I'm sorry, but there are no managers on the floor. You can use this customer service phone to speak with a manager.

Me - Where is this phone? Will a manager be bring me a copy?

CSL - It is right here. We don't have a copy of the policy in the store.

So I picked up this "magical" phone and it rings and rings and rings.... no one picks up. At this point, I'm frustrated, so I decided to leave.

Then I was thinking... maybe this woman is just mean to everyone, maybe she had something tragic happen in her life, or maybe she doesn't care about her job. Who knows? I am disappointed that Customer Service "doesn't have" paper copies of their own policies.

Overall, the shopping was well, but I certainly don't plan to return or buy anything until the bad taste is out of my mouth. Sorry!!
    Last edited by gooseSA40; January 24th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

(York County)

Yeah, I was there last week and the policy is now clearly posted on almost all of the doors at the entrance. The posted policy looked like it was verbatim of what was posted in this thread. It was refreshing to see.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So what is different about the new policy? You need to invest in a cell phone with a camera.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    I remember reading this thread a few months ago and was very happy to see that Cabela's had published a policy.

Anyway... today, my father, sister, and I traveled to Cabela's in Hamburg, PA from York County. When we arrived, I noticed the new carry policy on 2 of the main doors.

After shopping, I wanted to stop by customer service to get an official copy with Cabela's letterhead, etc. to post here for anyone's reference. Here is a paraphrased conversation:

Customer Service lady: Hi, can I help you?
    Me - Yes, I'm looking for a hard copy of your gun policy.

CSL - What? We don't have paper copies here.

Me - Alright. Is it on your website?

CSL - What? I don't know if it is on our website. But we don't have copies of it in this store either.

Me - Ma'am you have a copy on your doors, but you don't have another copy you can make a copy of??

CSL - Sir, why do you need a copy of our policy?

Me - I'd like a copy for my own personal reference. Is the policy on your website? Can I speak to a manager? Maybe they can get me a copy.

CSL - I'm sorry, but there are no managers on the floor. You can use this customer service phone to speak with a manager.

Me - Where is this phone? Will a manager be bring me a copy?

CSL - It is right here. We don't have a copy of the policy in the store.

So I picked up this "magical" phone and it rings and rings and rings.... no one picks up. At this point, I'm frustrated, so I decided to leave.

Then I was thinking... maybe this woman is just mean to everyone, maybe she had something tragic happen in her life, or maybe she doesn't care about her job. Who knows? I am disappointed that Customer Service "doesn't have" paper copies of their own policies.

Overall, the shopping was well, but I certainly don't plan to return or buy anything until the bad taste is out of my mouth. Sorry!!

i don't get why it was so important for you to get a copy of their policy, or why you think the saleslady was being 'mean' about it; they didn't have any copies, and she said so. what is she supposed to do, pull some out of the magical portal in her asshole?

you took your little road trip to visit a store you don't go to regularly anyway, just to give them a hard time about respecting our right to shop there? we have a word for that: ASSHATTERY. go look it up.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i don't get why it was so important for you to get a copy of their policy, or why you think the saleslady was being 'mean' about it; they didn't have any copies, and she said so. what is she supposed to do, pull some out of the magical portal in her asshole?

you took your little road trip to visit a store you don't go to regularly anyway, just to give them a hard time about respecting our right to shop there? we have a word for that: ASSHATTERY. go look it up.
    You Meany. Your supposed to respond with an atta boy and I'd rep ya but my buttons broken.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Berks County)

Those policies have been on the doors quite a while now....most people just probably never noticed them. They used to have a "similar" sign posted on the gun counter.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by joshpeb2 View Post
    Those policies have been on the doors quite a while now....most people just probably never noticed them. They used to have a "similar" sign posted on the gun counter.
    Those signs are there because of the efforts of Mikey who called or wrote to their corporate office because people were being told to leave their gun outside at the Hamburg store. I searched for the thread where that was being discussed but I guess my search skills are weak.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast