Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Love Us, Love Our Dogs, and Our Interior Design, Too

Perhaps Obama was afraid of going up in a puff of dramatic smoke? I dunno, you be the judge, according to your own beliefs:

Georgetown Says It Covered Over Name of Jesus to Comply With White House Request
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009
    By Edwin Mora

(CNSNews.com) - Georgetown University says it covered over the monogram “IHS”--symbolizing the name of Jesus Christ—because it was inscribed on a pediment on the stage where President Obama spoke at the university on Tuesday and the White House had asked Georgetown to cover up all signs and symbols there.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=46667

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Love Us, Love Our Dogs, and Our Interior Design, Too

can someone tell me what IHS stands for and how it means Jesus Christ?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    can someone tell me what IHS stands for and how it means Jesus Christ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christo...n_Christianity
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Simple response, so fucking what?

Jesus some of you people will jump on a fart if you think you can point the smell at someone! Don't we have more important shit to worry about, talk about and make plans for than this kind of nonsense?

Secondly, King ... aren't you one of the ones that is CONSTANTLY screaming about how the media are a bunch of lying shits? So now when it's something you think can set people's hair on fire you believe and quote them? Seems to me you need to pick a side.
    Last edited by dc dalton; April 16th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Simple response, so fucking what?

Jesus some of you people will jump on a fart if you think you can point them smell at someone! Don't we have more important shit to worry about, talk about and make plans for than this kind of nonsense?

Secondly, King ... aren't you one of the ones that is CONSTANTLY scream about how the media are a bunch of lying shits? So now when it's something you think can set people's hair on fire you believe and quote them? Seems to me you need to pick a side.
    It seems to me that if I were making a movie, I could make certain requests of the landlord, since, after all, I was renting his location for a substantial amount of money. It seems out of place to make a political speech from a house of God and erase everything linking the location with its purpose, as if the speaker wanted to steal the mantle of grandeur without acknowledging its true owner.

Unfortunately, yes, it was the media who brought this up, because it's their job. Yes, at times they bend the heck out of the truth, and even outright lie, but once in a while they just state what happened and let the user of whichever medium it is draw their own conclusions.

No hair was harmed at all in the creation and ongoing maintenance of this thread.

(Monroe County)

Maybe Obama doesn't like the competition? (just kidding relax!)

Actually I can definately see why he wouldn't want to have his speeches tied to religion... just look at the Notre Dame debacle that is going on.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    It seems out of place to make a political speech from a house of God and erase everything linking the location with its purpose, as if the speaker wanted to steal the mantle of grandeur without acknowledging its true owner.
    Gee you ever think they DIDN'T want to add in all the repercussions of all that 'god' stuff mixed into the speech?

To be honest if a president did a speech under all that 'holy' stuff I'd be a tad worried .. last thing I want right now is another president (or party) trying to ram religion down my throat.

Saw a great quote on the news tonight from a 'girl on the street' about the proposed NY law to recognize gay marriage, she said "how about we get religion out of politics ... all I could say was HELL YEAH!

Many of the Founding Fathers were deists, and despite the opposition from such notables as Jefferson and Franklin, we were constituted with more than a nod towards That which you find anathema. Sorry, but I think it's a little more than just apocryphal history, and I think, moreover, given the inimical stance of Obama's congregation of twenty years and vitriolic, loudmouth pastor towards an orthodox consideration of this country and its government, I wouldn't mind at all knowing where the man stands on the issue for damned once, if you'll pardon the language. Frankly, I think that the whole thing is a convenient front on his part to mask his truer, deeper, less warmhearted relationship with the other half of himself, and that, in itself, is much more baggage schlepped about by the head of our state than I care to consider.

Many of the Founding Fathers were deists, and despite the opposition from such notables as Jefferson and Franklin, we were constituted with more than a nod towards That which you find anathema. Sorry, but I think it's a little more than just apocryphal history, and I think, moreover, given the inimical stance of Obama's congregation of twenty years and vitriolic, loudmouth pastor towards an orthodox consideration of this country and its government, I wouldn't mind at all knowing where the man stands on the issue for damned once, if you'll pardon the language. Frankly, I think that the whole thing is a convenient front on his part to mask his truer, deeper, less warmhearted relationship with the other half of himself, and that, in itself, is much more baggage schlepped about by the head of our state than I care to consider.
    You are NOT going to bring up that loud mouth asshole pastor again are you? I mean SERIOUSLY that is SO 2008

And seriously (not at ALL trying to be mean, rude or sarcastic here) .. are you not in fact a Sikh? (seriously that's what I thought you were from previous descriptions) ... if so why the HELL do you care so much about this holy roller, religious right BULLSHIT?

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    You are NOT going to bring up that loud mouth asshole pastor again are you? I mean SERIOUSLY that is SO 2008

And seriously (not at ALL trying to be mean, rude or sarcastic here) .. are you not in fact a Sikh? (seriously that's what I thought you were from previous descriptions) ... if so why the HELL do you care so much about this holy roller, religious right BULLSHIT?
    I am a Sikh. Does that mean that I should stand to the side while much is said that may or may not be in the name of God, irrespective of one's thoughts on earthly messengers? Their God is my God, as there is only One, and when a pastor who claims to be a religious man, Christian or not, is so obviously full of hatred for others, and has given long and serious religious instruction to someone now so highly situated and to his wife, should I not keep a watchful eye on how this hate-filled theology might affect the course of events in this nation and the world around it? Or should I simply shirk my religious duty to oppose what might be the precipitation of tyranny and oppression, even if it only begins in obliterating the name of Jesus as Catholics write it in short form?

Rest assured, if he were to come into a Sikh temple and request to blot anything out so that it couldn't be seen, especially , or waheguru, he'd likely be thrown out on his ear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast