Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Angry New law from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey

Nancy will love this:
    As a subject of the number one Mommyocracy in the U.S. I have been informed by my regular ammo supplier that as of 4/1/09 it is no longer legal to send handgun ammo across the NJ boarder. Apparently our politburo has convinced itself that bullets are capable of throwing themselves at and killing uninvited guests bent upon killing our families! Another expmple of the wisdom of our fearless learership I suppose.

(Chester County)

Default Re: New law from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey

I believe that you are referring to the import of handgun ammo INTO NJ.

2C:58-3.3 "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.

1. a. As used in this act, "handgun ammunition" means ammunition specifically designed to be used only in a handgun. "Handgun ammunition" shall not include blank ammunition, air gun pellets, flare gun ammunition, nail gun ammunition, paint ball ammunition, or any non-fixed ammunition.

b.No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.
    This was passed in 2007 and, because of the 'exhibit' requirements, pretty much shut down any mail order ammo by individuals into NJ. Nothing prohibits export from NJ (ex: AMMOMAN) nor purchase by NJ residents while out-of-state.

IANAL

Must be something in the NJ water... I mean besides Jimmy Hoffa
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Why would anyone want to live in New Jersey? What is the draw? I never hear anything good coming from there, unless of course it's a shipment of the good stuff from Ammoman.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Indiana County)

So, any New Jersey subject can purchase handgun ammunition virtually anywhere else in the country without a hassle, and it's a big country, but in his/her own state has to first show permission (card or permit) from the authorities.

And how is this a bad deal for ammunition sellers in Pennsylvania? All the people from New Jersey have to do is drive across the frontier (no papers required, yet).

(Lancaster County)

Hell, I'm shocked that they don't require a permit for the purchase of each individual round.

(Monroe County)

I'm sorry. You are going to have to take your state back. New Jersey has strayed so far from the US Constitution it isn't even funny.

Maybe one idea is to take the focus off gun-control and focus on wasteful spending for a start. Then you can get more conservative politicians who might actually listen to folks who want their rights back.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    So, any New Jersey subject can purchase handgun ammunition virtually anywhere else in the country without a hassle, and it's a big country, but in his/her own state has to first show permission (card or permit) from the authorities.

And how is this a bad deal for ammunition sellers in Pennsylvania? All the people from New Jersey have to do is drive across the frontier (no papers required, yet).
    Kinda like fireworks in PA. Amazing the idiots that get into public office. And how they Dictate to their subjects.

(Bucks County)

one thing that does suck is that my local range master was tellin me that they are limiting how much ammo can be purchased (by them-a class 3 dealor)