Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Arrowhead lake, Monroe county question??

I've been going to Locust Lake Village since I was a child. My family has 2 houses in the community. My gf and I are looking for places right now and would like to stay close to if not in LLV. My question is.... does anyone know anything about Arrowhead lakes? I've never been there. The houses seem to be cheaper than LLV. Is there a reason for this?

What communities should we stay away from while looking for a vacation place?

Thanks

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Arrowhead lake, Monroe county question??

most communities in Monroe County, especially northern Monroe and NE Monroe have been overrun with transplants due to the very close proximity to NYC and NJ. If you need to see proof of this just go look at Rt 80 West on a Friday afternoon and see if you can find any PA plates.

If you are looking for a rental / income property then you are in a decent area, if you are looking for a place to go for you and your woman to relax you are looking at the wrong area. Central PA and North Central PA are MUCH nicer then Eastern and NE PA now.

The further you get from NYC, NJ, Lehigh Valley, Philly, Harrisburg, York, Pittsburgh, Maryland/DC the better it is going to get. Typically 2 - 3 hours away from the "major hubs" should be far enough to escape them
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, this would be for a vaca, investment property. Renting it out when we could and staying there weekends etc. I'd love a camp type place but right now this is about what she wants not what I want.

I was just curious how that community was. I've never been in there and was wondering if it was worth looking into.

(Monroe County)

Check out this forum:
    http://www.commuterclub.org/forum/In...y-m271001.aspx

Then contact Lisa Sanderson from that forum. She specializes in gated communities like your looking for. She`s honest and personable.

I`d rather be up near Elk Mountain but it`s a bit further.