Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: .50 Beowulf

(Lehigh County)

Default .50 Beowulf

Anyone have one?? i know they are expensive to buy and shoot but i was thinking what could be better for self defence?? and from what ive read they are easily convertible back to either 7.62 or 5.56... just need another upper?? just trying to get some info from someone who has aftually owned and shot one before...

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: .50 Beowulf

is it expensive to shoot????

the caliber starts with a 5 and ends with a 0 ....yes its expensive to shoot

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    is it expensive to shoot????

the caliber starts with a 5 and ends with a 0 ....yes its expensive to shoot
    yes i know its expensive but i wasnt asking that...

(Northampton County)

You're looking at around $24 for 20 rounds, when you can find ammo for it. I have one and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they can land an initial supply of ammunition for it and they plan on reloading for it.

It's a fantastic rifle, I bought just the upper and put it on a lower that I had. It's definitely an attention getter when you shoot it, loud and make rather large holes in whatever you're aiming at. The bolt head is the same as 7.62 X 39 (I believe, I could be wrong in this so verify before taking my word for it) so in reality all you'd need to do is change the barrel if you chose to go that route, or buy a 7.62 X 39 upper and you should be able to reuse the bolt and carrier for both. (again, I'm not a gunsmith and there is no Holiday Inn Express here in Tikrit, so take all I'm telling you with a grain of salt and verify yourself please)

All in all, it's a fantastic rifle, I love mine, though since I don't reload I have kicked around the idea of selling it due to a lack of factory ammunition support. I'm pretty much decided that I won't deal with Alexander Arms again as they've taken one large dump on the Beowulf in order to concentrate on the 6.5 and left a lot of customers with their knees in the breeze.

(Lehigh County)

how much are you looking for.... i wont be able to buy right now but in the future if you decide to sell and i have the money ill take it off your hands...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    how much are you looking for.... i wont be able to buy right now but in the future if you decide to sell and i have the money ill take it off your hands...

I don't think they like us posting sell prices on stuff in the regular forums. If I do decide to sell it I will list it here for a FTF sale on PAFOA as I know a few of the people on here and would prefer it go to another PA shooter.

I'm in Iraq until late November so it won't be before then at any rate.