Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Open carry in my town

On day two of my excursions with open carry. I put my "XD Gear" holster on to carry my XD45. I went to a couple of stores. It didn't seem to raise any eyebrows. I was hoping at lease one little old lady would vaporlock, no such luck.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Open carry in my town

um...you live in tioga county...

i gotta think that if you walked around with a gun control t-shirt on, you would get some strange looks...maybe even shot...

but walking around with a gun on your hip...or a rifle in your truck window...

(Tioga County)

Strangely enough this town is close to a 50/50 split red-blue.. Granted, I wouldn't expect the same response in Philly. I think I will try it the next time I'm down in Wellsboro. Maybe even go to the Walmart in Mansfield. I don't recall any signs being posted. Hmm. go in with a jacket on. go to the meat department load up a cart, go to the other side of the store and take my jacket off. when they raise a fuss take my jacket and leave. let them worry about the meat going bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    um...you live in tioga county...

i gotta think that if you walked around with a gun control t-shirt on, you would get some strange looks...maybe even shot...

but walking around with a gun on your hip...or a rifle in your truck window...

(Jefferson County)

Red/Blue split really means little in PA. There are many pro-gun Democrats in PA.

You cant have a 50/50 split in political alignment, but 80% of the Dems could be pro-gun and 20% of the Reps anti-gun. Generally though, the rural areas are pro-gun despite the political alignment.

(Erie County)

I will say, I have seen the advantages of open carry. Normally I can never find anyone to point me in the right direction for something at Lowes. But the one time I went there open carrying, I got immediate assistance. The service person not only walked there with me but asked questions about the part I needed and its application, etc.

(Schuylkill County)

Open carry may be legal, but it still takes balls to carry that way. Big balls.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Red/Blue split really means little in PA. There are many pro-gun Democrats in PA.
    That's because there's still a lot of REAL Democrats in PA. The Dems running for Pres. and Dems like Chuck Schumer, and Diane Feinstein are left-wing extremists. The sad part is that the extremists on BOTH side, R and D, are usually the ones who get the most attention, while those who are just a little bit left or right of center get overlooked.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    That's because there's still a lot of REAL Democrats in PA. The Dems running for Pres. and Dems like Chuck Schumer, and Diane Feinstein are left-wing extremists. The sad part is that the extremists on BOTH side, R and D, are usually the ones who get the most attention, while those who are just a little bit left or right of center get overlooked.
    Dead on CR. I firmly believe that 95% of Americans are within 5 degrees of dead center and that the problem is that the 2.5% that are far to their particular side are the ones running the parties. That is why I believe the only way to get the parties under control is from the inside. It is exceptionally hard to effect change within an organization if you are not part of the organization.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    I am not a Democrat, but Bill Richardson (who is one and who is running for President,) seems to be reasonable on the issue of guns.... FWIW.

(Tioga County)

I went out to dinner tonight, open carry, the duty LEO was eating when I got there. Not a look or a word from the LEO. An older gent made a snide remark about hunting as we were both at the register on the way out. I refrained from getting snide back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast