Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 20/20 on ABC: "Easy Access: $5,000 and One Hour Buys 10 Guns" ("gun show loophole

My biggest flag with this story is the handgun.

The guy walks up to the buyer in line. The guy sells the glock for under what I'd consider a reasonable price in todays climate.

My first feeling is that this is a bad guy who is dumping a dirty weapon. I wonder if there will be a followup as to the status of the weapons bought. Are any of them stolen? Do any of them match an ongoing investigation?

The next issue I had is "There were three or four police cars in the parking lot [at the gun show]. None of them could have stopped him [Samaha] with the firepower he bought," said Nunziato.

So a minimum of three cops couldn't stop an untrained kid with no ammo? All the more reason to allow universal open carry. Fearmongering statement.

"My experience as an agent in Detroit and Miami is that these guns [shotguns] would be sawed off at the barrel," he said. "They're a very high-powered scatter gun that's used a lot by drug gang members 'cause they're easy to get in and out of your car."

Well just make drugs illegal and they have no reason to have firearms to defend their business. Make murder illegal and they will no longer kill each other. Make modifying a firearm in such a way illegal and they will not do it.

Sheesh. I hate to resort to the same rhetoric but WTF.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: 20/20 on ABC: "Easy Access: $5,000 and One Hour Buys 10 Guns" ("gun show loophole

Wow, now that was a fair, balanced, unbiased piece of investigatory reporting if I ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Wow, now that was a fair, balanced, unbiased piece of investigatory reporting if I ever saw one.
    It sure was, for their agenda....
    Last edited by fingers80002; April 11th, 2009 at 12:01 AM.

(Bucks County)

they were advertising to the criminals to buy guns ftf from people, so they can be jailed when they don't report their guns lost or stolen.. geez... this story sucks
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Exactly. and for one whole hour of falsehoods and BS. Is the other side allowed equal time? Don't hold your breath. Anybody catch the whole aspect of the people sitting in the classroom with guns inexperienced if you ask me, and they go up against trained police (portraying bad guys) gee guess who won that fight? Duh! Why didn't they put some IPSC or some 3 gun competitors in that class room, hell even some cowboy action guys? Maybe an outcome they wouldn't like? For that matter they just think everybody that carrys a gun is stupid and can't figure out not to stand up and get shot. Run for cover first then the gun in that situation. Sorry but those students are going to be running are country soon? God help us. It just pissed me off to no end, but I had to watch it. And oh yeah they had to throw the whole "THE KIDS" angle in there as well. More crap by the media that people will swallow hook line and sinker. F**k Diane Sawyer and 20/20

(Cambria County)

Did anyone else notice that that the "shooters" who stormed into the rooms full of students seemed to know exactly where the hidden guns were? They all were sitting in the front row near center. In the recap clip near the end of the show you can see the "gunman" focusing on the guy with the concealed weapon even before he drew while everyone else made it to the exit. That was quite an experiment by those LEOs building those strawmen.
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.

(Bucks County)

Did anyone else notice that that the "shooters" who stormed into the rooms full of students seemed to know exactly where the hidden guns were? They all were sitting in the front row near center.

Sure did. The first time they ran the slo-mo replay. It was direct rapid fire directly at the student they KNEW had the gun. Front and center as well. A joke at best. Notice that the only guest they interviewed was from the Brady Gun Control org? I watched the whole thing with my 11 year old son. First thing he said about the kids in the garage "test"...."you're not supposed to look down the barrel of a gun...duhhh! Dad, these kids where never taught about gun saftey"

An 11 year old can see thru that farce.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    "There were three or four police cars in the parking lot [at the gun show]. None of them could have stopped him [Samaha] with the firepower he bought," said Nunziato.
    What is he, some sort of tentacle monster who can wield ten guns at once?

(Bucks County)

What about the 'casual' trip to the range in Westfield, MA showing the young boy shooting an Uzi & an AK on full auto as if ANYONE can go buy a full auto and take it to ANY range.

No mention of the NSF requirements to own this sort of weapon -or- the fact that you can't go shoot it just anyplace JUST to make the point that another 8yr old lost contol of a Uzi on the same range fatally wounding himself...wanna' bet that kids father wasn't holding his shoulder and possibly that kid's Uzi didn't have a shoulder support making it eazy to loose control & shoot himself...And the quoting of the inaccurate Brady statistics on the number of kids killed by guns every year...

I didn't think about the possibility of a legal FTF in VA, I was jumping up and down over that.

At the end if that segment they had an ATF agent, who they said was overseeing this little experement, mention that the purchaser did not do anything illegal; yet outside of the glock, everything he bought was a long arm despite the canned footage of the same table full of handguns they kept showing as if to depict how eazy it would be to buy a handgun at that show since all the sellers didn't bother to even check the kid's ID, something they didn't possibly need to do over the sale of a longarm.

Wasn't it real convienient how the kid gets in line to enter the just opened show and a guy walks up to only him to sell him the glock, only to walk away?

Too bad it wasn't an illegal sale as the overseeing ATF guy could have bagged the seller proving that they are doing something about such sales...smells like they staged that whole part...plus they don't want to admit that the ATF is really watching gun shows, that just does not fit their agenda.

What skinny person would CC wearing a 3x Tee shirt? Looks like they taught them to shoot with out any additional training and picked kids w/ little common sense.

Of course kids in NJ would be stupid around found handguns & ammo since they are such a rare thing in the PRNJ ! ! !

The saddest part of all of this is the fact that 95% of the viewing audience couldn't tell what was rigged and staged to get the sheeple to bite hook, line and sinker!
    Last edited by wis bang; April 11th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

(Northampton County)

You can leave comments for Diane Sawyer at the ABC website here. There are already three or four for last night's show.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast