Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea Parties

(Allegheny County)

Default Tea Parties

I was wondering if anyone is attending the tea parties and if you are will you be carrying? I plan to attend and there are rumors there might be some acorn people there to cause trouble. The meetings are about our Constitutional rights and the right to carry is amongst them. Your thiughts.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Tea Parties

If I can find one nearby on Saturday, I will be there, and I will be OC.

Unfortunately, the powers that be in my area decided that a Wednesday daytime gathering would be good...seems to me that most taxpayers will be working during these times, but, hey, that's just me.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Erie County)

These gatherings are grass roots events, to show the powers that be that the American citizen's are fed up with their exuberant spending and taxation. These are not Second Amendment rallies, nor are they Open Carry rallies. If you are seen in the crowd with an openly carried weapon, guess who the media will circle in on? If ACORN wants to try their stunts, it will be to cause confrontations at these events, and the last thing we need at one of these events is a serious incident to occur. Leave your pistols at home if you're planning on attending one of these events, I'm sure the sponsor's of the event would appreciate you doing so.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
    United States Constitution - 2nd Amendment

(Armstrong County)

National Tea Party site

http://www.teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx Choose a state at the bottom

There are quite a few in PA

I will most likely be at the one in Pittsburgh North Side SATURDAY 11TH ALLEGHENY LANDING
    - WHERE: Allegheny Landing. See www.pennsylvaniateaparty.com for directions and map detail. Our "homebase" will be a tent & booth next to the Official Tea Party tent. Look for the balloons and the "THE 9.12 PROJECT" Sign.
    And yes I'll be OC'ing

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Chester County)

Is there a web page about this with locations?
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Armstrong County)

Read my prior post

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiski Cowboy View Post
    These gatherings are grass roots events, to show the powers that be that the American citizen's are fed up with their exuberant spending and taxation. These are not Second Amendment rallies, nor are they Open Carry rallies. If you are seen in the crowd with an openly carried weapon, guess who the media will circle in on? If ACORN wants to try their stunts, it will be to cause confrontations at these events, and the last thing we need at one of these events is a serious incident to occur. Leave your pistols at home if you're planning on attending one of these events, I'm sure the sponsor's of the event would appreciate you doing so.
    What's your point?

My life isn't an "Open Carry Rally" either, but guess what? I open carry for a decent part of it. I can't attend one of these, but if I could, I would be OC. Not because it's some special occasion (like voting or something), but because for the most part, that's just what I do.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Man I hope you are wearing your fire resistent underwear!!

Rich W.

I hope to be attending one of the tea parties if I am off work at that time. If and when I do, and it is not being held in a prohibited location I will be exercising my 2nd amendment right. I feel no need to suspend my rights because someone may feel uncomfortable. I mean nothing personal Kiski but when I decided to exercise my 2nd amendment right for the protection of myself and my family it was a 24/7 decision.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by jwg View Post
    I was wondering if anyone is attending the tea parties and if you are will you be carrying? I plan to attend and there are rumors there might be some acorn people there to cause trouble. The meetings are about our Constitutional rights and the right to carry is amongst them. Your thiughts.
    I will be attending the meadville tea party on the 19th. I have been helping to try to get the word out. I will be OC. Peg Luksik will be the guest speaker. http://pegluksik.com/ watch announcement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast