Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default The rash of shootings in recent weeks...

It makes me sick every time I hear about the random murders of innocent people by crazed lunatics. Now, I can can kind of understand, from an insane point of view, why an unstable person might kill their spouse/ex-spouse. They're thinking, "This person brings me pain, so I'm going to stop the pain." Keep in mind I said "insane point of view", and a sane person would realize why this rationale is flawed. Anyway, I can't seem to begin to understand, even from an insane point of view, why someone would just kill anyone and everyone before they kill themselves. Their children, family members, Subway workers, sick elderly people, the list goes on... I just don't understand it.

My current carry pistols are a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace and a Glock 30 with a Lasermax. I'm starting to think these aren't enough. I'm looking at buying a Glock 17.... 21 - 9mm rounds > 11 - .45 rounds > 7 - .380 rounds. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another pistol .

Have any of you changed your behavior or are doing things differently now? Personally, I've just been more attentive to my surrounds than usual.

Sorry for the rant. This BS gets me all worked up.

Default Re: The rash of shootings in recent weeks...

Interestingly, I'm considering moving in the opposite direction. My carry gun is a full sized gun, a 4" Smith & Wesson Model 66. There is at least one place I choose not to carry it, so I'm considering getting a Keltec .32 or other similar small gun for the few places I cannot currently carry.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Quote Originally Posted by typeshluder View Post
    My current carry pistols are a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace and a Glock 30 with a Lasermax. I'm starting to think these aren't enough. I'm looking at buying a Glock 17.... 21 - 9mm rounds > 11 - .45 rounds > 7 - .380 rounds. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another pistol .

Have any of you changed your behavior or are doing things differently now? Personally, I've just been more attentive to my surrounds than usual.

Sorry for the rant. This BS gets me all worked up.
    Snipped for brevity

To be honest with you, I've always carried a Glock 17 and 2 spare mags as my carry rig. I have noticed that I throw in a BUG (a Walther PPK/s) a little more often lately.

oh, and it's actually 18 9mm rounds (assuming a full mag and one up the pipe) for the Glock 17.
    VMJade
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

(Monroe County)

I've noticed that things like this go in waves (not trying to be cold here). When you have a teenager commit suicide there are bound to be others that follow within the same area. I think what happens is that someone that was thinking about do things like this gets a 'well he/she did it so why shouldn't I' type of mindset. Very wrong, but it is a mental deficiency that causes this type of thinking anyway, isn't it.

As for changing the way I carry or what I carry, no it has not. I am always aware of who or what is around me, maybe to much sometimes, but I see no need to change how I carry for now.

(Northampton County)

As far as gun violence....criminals will be criminals. Keeping more criminals locked up longer would seem to help,like in the case of the 4 cops murdered in Oakland Ca & most of the cops murdered in Philly. In these cases the perps had a criminal past,probably should have still been in prison & got the guns illegally.

What I find disturbing latelty is some of these shooters had no criminal past & had aquired the guns legally. The guy in pittsburgh was said to have an LTCF. If I'm wrong please correct me. This does not bode well for our cause & the antis & media will use it to max effect. It's hard to grasp that a person's first crime is multiple murder of police officers.

I'm not calling for more gun laws but have no answers for many questions that I get from antis or neutrals. I have no ideas on how to stop it.

I know or at least hope that this rash of shootings will stop but right now I can't help but to wonder why. What makes seemingly peaceable people go nuts & start shooting??

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by VMJade View Post
    Snipped for brevity

oh, and it's actually 18 9mm rounds (assuming a full mag and one up the pipe) for the Glock 17.
    But there is a factory mag extension that is +3. So that makes it 20 +1

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    I'm not calling for more gun laws but have no answers for many questions that I get from antis or neutrals. I have no ideas on how to stop it.

I know or at least hope that this rash of shootings will stop but right now I can't help but to wonder why. What makes seemingly peaceable people go nuts & start shooting??
    That's that thing that get's me is how to stop it. No one knows. The antis say "ban guns", but what would that solve? Drugs are illegal, but they are rampant EVERYWHERE! The issue with crazy people and criminals is, well, they follow no rules, so the only people affected are law abiding citizens. All this makes my head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by typeshluder View Post
    But there is a factory mag extension that is +3. So that makes it 20 +1
    I've found plus two, but not plus ones.

Also, I thought we were discussing a concealed carry application? Why add size to the already large weapon, making it harder to effectively conceal?
    VMJade
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by VMJade View Post
    I've found plus two, but not plus ones.

Also, I thought we were discussing a concealed carry application? Why add size to the already large weapon, making it harder to effectively conceal?
    [Factory mag is 17] + [Glock mag extension is +3 in 9mm (+2 in .40)] + [One in pipe]= 21

I don't think I've mentioned anything about ease of concealing or concealing at all for that matter.

But this is all a bit off topic

Fair enough. If you plan to OC, more power to ya.

Why not just get a 33-rounder at that point?
    VMJade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast