Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for a range

I have a friend coming in from out of town who will be in the Lebanon area to visit. In the event that we decide to go shooting, I'd like to find a range in said area to shoot. It doesn't have to be in/directly outside of Lebanon, either. Criteria:

1. Open to the public -- as in, two people who are not members but who have valid ID can come in and shoot firearms that said people own (see #5).
    2. Isn't a dive or in embarrassing condition. I don't expect pristine, but I don't want a place that's trashed, either. Blown out walls, ceiling, floor, lanes, backstop? Yeah, not so much...
    3. Staff doesn't have a chip on their shoulders or an attitude. Who wants to deal with jerks?
    4. Ammo prices are reasonable. I prefer to support local businesses as long as I don't get reamed in the process. I'm fair, but I'm not stupid.
    5. No stupid "our ammo even with your gun" rules. I shoot quality ammo from reputable manufacturers, and will happily provide either FMJ or TMJ to comply with their requirements.
    6. Lane Rates that aren't a complete reaming. I'm more than willing to pay a fair price and have no problem with a business making a profit.

The individual I may be taking shooting is not a shooter nor an Anti-, and is aware that I'm an enthusiast. It is, therefore, important to me that our first visit to a range be a positive experience, thus my somewhat picky list of requirements. These are somewhat negotiable, so if you have a place in mind that mostly fits, by all means please tell me.

Thanks in advance, folks. I appreciate it!

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Looking for a range

the only open public ranges i know of, are state game land ranges. the only one of those i know that's even remotely close to lebanon is the dauphin range. they have no shops, pretty strict rules enforced by fish and game officers that will write you up on the smallest infraction.
    i do not know of any local indoor shooting ranges at a shop.
    plenty of clubs, but well their clubs.

if you know when you would like to go out there are several members here that are members at a local range, that wouldbe more than willing to take the two of you out.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Allegheny County)

Check out the state game lands public shooting ranges webpage: http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=480&q=161297

I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods, but there might be something free near you.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted2freedom View Post
    I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods, but there might be something free near you.
    We have a number of choices in Philly, but I'm trying to avoid having my friend travel a significant distance after all the travel required to get to PA. It seems fair that I should do the majority of the intrastate traveling, unless we're going to Philly to do something. If it turns out that we're going shooting out this way, we're going to Classic (which, btw, rocks. I'm spoiled!).

I feel sorry for you guys in Philthy!