Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DA's Pro 2A statement

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – A faster response by emergency officials to the attack at an immigrant services center in Binghamton would have saved no lives, a county prosecutor said Sunday.

Ole saying still is true...when mere seconds count, cops are only minutes away!

Authorities investigating Friday's massacre at the American Civic Association have faced questions about the speed and manner of the response to the attack, in which a gunman killed 13 people and then himself.
    Drive the speed limit...speeding kills!!! Obey your own propaganda on motor vehicle safety!

Survivors reported huddling for hours in a basement, not knowing whether they were still in danger.

"We can definitely say no one was shot after the police arrival," said Broome County District Attorney Gerald F. Mollen.

Oh, how freaking comforting to the families...Yeah, we can say for sure that none of our officers were in harms way...your loved ones were already dead!!!
    Great response!!!

"Nobody could have been saved if the police walked in the door that first minute," he said. Right you putz...goes to the "When seconds Count, help is minutes away" deal.

Police Chief Joseph Zikuski said police received several 911 calls in broken English even before a wounded receptionist called police to report a gunman was in the building.
    Cool, so it took longer to get there than what we all thought...cool...had to wipe all the powder off your face's from the donuts??? Guess that takes time...

He said a review of calls shows police officers were at the scene five minutes before the receptionist's call. Police had earlier reported that it was that call which brought police to the immigration center.

Cool, so you were there for five minutes and did what? Let me guess, secure a perimeter so the trapped people can be shot waiting 43 minutes for the swat team to get there and enter the building....

A SWAT team entered the building at 11:13 a.m. Friday, 43 minutes after the first call to police.
    wow, so much for domino's delivery within 30 minutes....Gosh, maybe police ought to take lessons from McDonalds on customer service and time restraints for service?

Zikuski said that the gunman, 41-year-old Jiverly Wong, had recently visited a firing range weekly but that authorities still don't know his motive.

Ok, folks, before many of you get your panties in a wad, the sarcastic responses by yours truly are harmless. Letting off some steam...relax!

The whole point to and of the thread is to show, that even in a state with strict gun laws, the criminal will do what the criminal wants to do. The anti's clearly make our case for why concealed carry/open carry should be unrestricted...
    Last edited by customloaded; April 5th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: DA's Pro 2A statement

SOME of this bozo's comments sound like the fire department waiting until the fire has died down and the building has cooled off before going in.

Thank God for the Fire Department!

Thank God for the 2nd Amendment!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

People need to assume some responsibility for their own security and safety.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpi View Post
    Police cannot protect us; all they can do is enforce the laws. By the time the police arrive the crime has likely already been committed; Sure, they can investigate and make arrests--but only AFTER the crime has already been done.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – A faster response by emergency officials to the attack at an immigrant services center in Binghamton would have saved no lives, a county prosecutor said Sunday.

Ole saying still is true...when mere seconds count, cops are only minutes away!

Authorities investigating Friday's massacre at the American Civic Association have faced questions about the speed and manner of the response to the attack, in which a gunman killed 13 people and then himself.
    Drive the speed limit...speeding kills!!! Obey your own propaganda on motor vehicle safety!

Survivors reported huddling for hours in a basement, not knowing whether they were still in danger.

"We can definitely say no one was shot after the police arrival," said Broome County District Attorney Gerald F. Mollen.

Oh, how freaking comforting to the families...Yeah, we can say for sure that none of our officers were in harms way...your loved ones were already dead!!!
    Great response!!!

"Nobody could have been saved if the police walked in the door that first minute," he said. Right you putz...goes to the "When seconds Count, help is minutes away" deal.

Police Chief Joseph Zikuski said police received several 911 calls in broken English even before a wounded receptionist called police to report a gunman was in the building.
    Cool, so it took longer to get there than what we all thought...cool...had to wipe all the powder off your face's from the donuts??? Guess that takes time...

He said a review of calls shows police officers were at the scene five minutes before the receptionist's call. Police had earlier reported that it was that call which brought police to the immigration center.

Cool, so you were there for five minutes and did what? Let me guess, secure a perimeter so the trapped people can be shot waiting 43 minutes for the swat team to get there and enter the building....

A SWAT team entered the building at 11:13 a.m. Friday, 43 minutes after the first call to police.
    wow, so much for domino's delivery within 30 minutes....Gosh, maybe police ought to take lessons from McDonalds on customer service and time restraints for service?

Zikuski said that the gunman, 41-year-old Jiverly Wong, had recently visited a firing range weekly but that authorities still don't know his motive.

Ok, folks, before many of you get your panties in a wad, the sarcastic responses by yours truly are harmless. Letting off some steam...relax!

The whole point to and of the thread is to show, that even in a state with strict gun laws, the criminal will do what the criminal wants to do. The anti's clearly make our case for why concealed carry/open carry should be unrestricted...
    Wow. Hey, maybe you can go make some harmless comments in the thread about the officers that died in Pittsburgh. I'm sure you could offer something equally insightful over there.

I do want to thank you for allowing us a 30 hour window to grieve for our fallen brothers before you started up the bashing.

Just letting off some steam...relax.

(Montgomery County)

customloaded, I'm not sure what you're getting at...

Quote Originally Posted by 1911partsplus.com View Post
    Police cannot protect us; all they can do is enforce the laws. By the time the police arrive the crime has likely already been committed; Sure, they can investigate and make arrests--but only AFTER the crime has already been done.
    Agreed.

(Bucks County)

What does this mean?

(Indiana County)

SOME of this bozo's comments sound like the fire department waiting until the fire has died down and the building has cooled off before going in.
    If you've spent any time around structure fires, sometimes that is indeed the safest thing to do. However, that analogy has little to do with the issue at hand.

Might lawful carry of firearms have lessened the bloodshed in Binghampton? Possibly. Possibly not. But it would indeed have been nice if the victims had a chance of defending themselves from this madman.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDaniels2006 View Post
    What does this mean?
    I took it to mean that one should not depend on government agents for their safety and security. Many feel that if an armed Citizen was present, instead of only calling for government agents for help, that it could have ended differently. That is what I took it to mean.

Be safe (and self reliant, it is a better life).

Scott

(Allegheny County)

that's just what i meant. even when i was a cop i would not have wanted to wait for my brothers to come and save me. I know exactly how long it takes help to arrive and it's too long!

think of police as the moral equivalent janitors. they don't prevent messes, they come and clean them up afterward.

all i can say is i would much rather die on my feet fighting back than belly down in a pool of urine! and before anyone makes a comment about bravado you should know i was a soldier for 8 years, a cop for many more and i have been shot, stabbed and otherwise injured in the line of duty. so keep your bravado comments to yourself!

at least armed and fighting back you have a chance.
    MORDENTE MEUM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast