Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 456 of 461 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4608
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Do .308 Win / 7.62x51mm rounds, especially the FMJ variety, count as "short-barrel" rifle ammo that are the subjects of the new policy restriction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I doubt the people who made the new policy could even answer that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I'd bet they get rid of fmj everything, and only sell 308 that has a deer picture on the box
    Now that it appears the jury has come back, what is the verdict? Will we still be able to buy food for AR-10/FAL/M1A/PTR91 at Walmart or not?

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Haven't bought ammo or anything else from them since the announcement. I'm actually surprised it's been easier than I expected avoiding them. I don't know if I can boycott them entirely, but I sure as hell can reduce what I spend there. For an idea, I was at the local one here at least once a week if not twice, picking up stuff on my way home from work. I drive right by it, so it's convenient. I also drive by a weis, family Dollar, dollar general, etc. Only draw back I've really seem is I sometimes need to stop at two places instead of just Walmart. Since I can get in and out of those places quicker, time wise it seems to be a push for me though. I haven't tracked if it's costing me any different, but from the pricing I've seen it seems to be within a couple bucks one way or the other on anything I've bought.
    Me too. I used to go there often. It is now a rare occurrence. Most items are available elsewhere.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Now that it appears the jury has come back, what is the verdict? Will we still be able to buy food for AR-10/FAL/M1A/PTR91 at Walmart or not?
    My local one still has 7.62x51, all their "evil" calibers are now off the shelf.

They've filled the entire other ammo shelf with shitty optics. I'm going to sleep a lot more soundly at night knowing $40 simmons 8-points are locked behind glass.

(Bucks County)

Called my local Walmart (Tullytown) and asked for an associate at sporting goods. After reasonable wait, a female got on. I asked if she was at the ammunition section (this was around 4 PM). She said the person works that counter is due in at 6PM. I asked if she would just scan the ammo shelves for CCI .22 Velocitors. She asked if that could be used in a pistol. I said pistol or rifle. She gave off a vibe of not liking that answer. She did say there was CCI standard velocity there...the only CCI she could see. Interesting question. Something is up.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Called my local Walmart (Tullytown) and asked for an associate at sporting goods. After reasonable wait, a female got on. I asked if she was at the ammunition section (this was around 4 PM). She said the person works that counter is due in at 6PM. I asked if she would just scan the ammo shelves for CCI .22 Velocitors. She asked if that could be used in a pistol. I said pistol or rifle. She gave off a vibe of not liking that answer. She did say there was CCI standard velocity there...the only CCI she could see. Interesting question. Something is up.
    Maybe "what's up" is someone simply trying to save time by determining if you're asking for a type of ammo they "no longer sell"? (handgun)
    No point in her looking for ammo if it's a kind they don't carry.
    "Not liking your answer" could have simply been not knowing how to respond to it. Maybe she doesn't understand that some ammo can be used in either.

Or it could be something nefarious, as you're imagining it. Haha.
    Last edited by Emptymag; January 9th, 2020 at 10:40 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

If anyone cares, North Huntingdon Walmart had CCI subsonic .22lr and Thunderbolt bricks ($15) an hour ago.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoli06 View Post
    If anyone cares, North Huntingdon Walmart had CCI subsonic .22lr and Thunderbolt bricks ($15) an hour ago.
    awesome !

What's a wall market?
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Bucks County)

I haven't seen much in the way of ammo at our local Walmart. Shelves mostly just empty
    Jesus is Lord !

(Westmoreland County)

Kid working the counter at mine said it's coming around again. Rifle stuff anyway. My guess is they're going to bed a bunch from the Remington factory.

My buddy grabbed some of the Thunderbolt bricks for $9 today at a different store. Must have been mispriced.

Page 456 of 461 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460 ... LastLast