Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 45 autorim

(Luzerne County)

Question 45 autorim

I have a nice Webley MK6 revolver that a I would like to shoot. I am not currently into reloading so I’m looking to see if anyone know where I can order any 45 autorim?

Thanks

Default Re: 45 autorim

Quote Originally Posted by Nepa1776 View Post
    I have a nice Webley MK6 revolver that a I would like to shoot. I am not currently into reloading so I*m looking to see if anyone know where I can order any 45 autorim?

Thanks
    Good luck finding any that's safe to shoot in a Webley. Modern factory 45 AR and 45 ACP have greater pressures than a proof .455 Webley load. The only factory 45 AR available right now is from Double Tap and Buffalo Bore. Both are comparable to a 45 ACP +P load. If you know someone that reloads, maybe they can load you some Webley safe 45 AR or 45 ACP (with moon clips). Or you can look for .455 Webley and either buy a conversion plate, or make one out of a 45 ACP moon clip.

(Montgomery County)

The standard Webley MKVI load is at just about 650 fps. Any "regular" 45ACP is at or above the proof load for a Webley. so as mentioned above, best thing to do is to reload. Can obtain 0.455 MkII cases and 265 grain Webley heads can be obtained from Jet Bullets in Alberta. Dave_N

(Lancaster County)

Locate some Starline .45 Auto Rim brass and roll your own.

(Luzerne County)

Looks like I am probably going to have to learn how to start reloading. Thanks for the info.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nepa1776 View Post
    Looks like I am probably going to have to learn how to start reloading. Thanks for the info.
    With odd-ball cartridges - reloading can mean the difference between having wall-hangers or having shooters.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!