Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 455 of 461 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 4608
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I doubt the people who made the new policy could even answer that question.
    LOL

Let's keep quiet about the AR-10, M1A, CETME, FAL and the likes...

(Allegheny County)

https://gunpowdermagazine.com/walmar...HO6U_L2WceFljk

Walmart Reveals Partnership with Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety
    The BattleGun LawsGun Control
    Sep 09, 2019

By: Teresa Mull

In recent weeks, Walmart has called for a ban on so-called “assault weapons,” banned open carry in its stores, and announced it will stop selling certain types of ammo.

It turns out Walmart is also teaming-up with Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group, Everytown for Gun Safety. According to the store’s website:

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

Everytown’s website states:

Everytown will continue to press for change in Washington, including comprehensive background checks and enhanced protections for the victims of domestic violence. At the same time, Everytown will pivot to mobilize voters in state electoral and legislative campaigns, along with a ballot initiative to require universal background checks in Washington State. The group will post robust field staff in more than a dozen states, including Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than 1.5 million supporters including moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, founded in 2006 by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former Boston Mayor Tom Menino, and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded on the day after Newtown.

(Berks County)

Have avoided Walmart since the announcement. Buying online for other stuff and lgs for ammo. Fuck Walmart with. Dick’s pineapple .
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    https://gunpowdermagazine.com/walmar...HO6U_L2WceFljk

The BattleGun LawsGun Control
    Sep 09, 2019

By: Teresa Mull

In recent weeks, Walmart has called for a ban on so-called “assault weapons,” banned open carry in its stores, and announced it will stop selling certain types of ammo.

It turns out Walmart is also teaming-up with Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group, Everytown for Gun Safety. According to the store’s website:

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

Everytown’s website states:

Everytown will continue to press for change in Washington, including comprehensive background checks and enhanced protections for the victims of domestic violence. At the same time, Everytown will pivot to mobilize voters in state electoral and legislative campaigns, along with a ballot initiative to require universal background checks in Washington State. The group will post robust field staff in more than a dozen states, including Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than 1.5 million supporters including moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, founded in 2006 by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former Boston Mayor Tom Menino, and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded on the day after Newtown.
    Have these people been living under a rock?
    The partnership was "revealed" when Walmart made their big announcement weeks ago.

Never a bad idea to keep pointing it out though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Have these people been living under a rock?
    The partnership was "revealed" when Walmart made their big announcement weeks ago.

Never a bad idea to keep pointing it out though.
    Well, the quoted article's dateline said September 9. So, it was not an untimely article, just a very slow dissemination of the said article to this forum...

But, yes, it is worth repeating the known information as a reminder.

(Lycoming County)

Haven't bought ammo or anything else from them since the announcement. I'm actually surprised it's been easier than I expected avoiding them. I don't know if I can boycott them entirely, but I sure as hell can reduce what I spend there. For an idea, I was at the local one here at least once a week if not twice, picking up stuff on my way home from work. I drive right by it, so it's convenient. I also drive by a weis, family Dollar, dollar general, etc. Only draw back I've really seem is I sometimes need to stop at two places instead of just Walmart. Since I can get in and out of those places quicker, time wise it seems to be a push for me though. I haven't tracked if it's costing me any different, but from the pricing I've seen it seems to be within a couple bucks one way or the other on anything I've bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Do .308 Win / 7.62x51mm rounds, especially the FMJ variety, count as "short-barrel" rifle ammo that are the subjects of the new policy restriction?
    I'd bet they get rid of fmj everything, and only sell 308 that has a deer picture on the box

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I'd bet they get rid of fmj everything, and only sell 308 that has a deer picture on the box
    If there was that much thoughts put into the implementation of this feel-good policy, sure. OTOH, that would be opposite of the stated intend of the new policy, wouldn't it -- the rounds that come in a box with a deer picture are actually designed to kill, whereas FMJ rounds are intended more to wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    If there was that much thoughts put into the implementation of this feel-good policy, sure. OTOH, that would be opposite of the stated intend of the new policy, wouldn't it -- the rounds that come in a box with a deer picture are actually designed to kill, whereas FMJ rounds are intended more to wound.
    The policy I'd to support hunters. Fmj isn't intended to wound, it's made for penetration of cover while still inflicting injury or death. Some like 7n6 has an air pocket near the tip causing it to yaw and cause more dammage than a soft point would.

(Perry County)

My Sam's Club membership expires next month. Just got my yearly rebate and was happy to hit the "no" box at checkout when it asked if I wanted to renew.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 455 of 461 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459 ... LastLast