Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 453 of 461 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 4608
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Walmart CEO thinks he is going to remain in the ammunition business while not handling short-barrel ammo (whatever the hell that is) and pistol ammo. I guess purchase of .22LR will require answering the question, "Is this ammunition for a rifle or a pistol" like they tried years ago. CEO's stated intentions apparently reflect someone who knows little about firearms, as usual.

Screw Walmart. I'll just buy from Amazon. Oh, wait. They're super-protective of the children too.

Good thing I stocked up on .22s. I just grabbed a brick of 500 at a real genuine gun store last Saturday. Maybe real genuine gun shops should get our business.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Tioga County)

Well the Wal Mart ammo thread ran for a long time but at some point here it will be time to close it up and move on.

My local Wal Mart never had a great selection anyways and trying to find someone to buy it was a waste of time.

In regards to all this super sneaky stuff, like not ordering online, you can already assume that leftists have bundled all of rural PA together and would like to nuke us all, at least that's what toadie Congressman from California said. So I don't think it's going to matter if you order 1000 or 10000 rounds online, they already have your neighborhood set for the B-52 strike.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyright View Post
    "We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we're going to continue doing so," McMillon said.
    And, by extension, irresponsible hunters and sportsmen... right?

As long as they're only irresponsible with a powder-puff 30-30, and not the Über-deadly .223

(Chester County)

Good commentary last night from Tucker Carlson on the Walmart ammo decision...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker...l-town-america

(Westmoreland County)

Walmart is gonna find out that the people who hate guns probably also hate Walmart. The hard way, in their bottom line.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Walmart is gonna find out that the people who hate guns probably also hate Walmart. The hard way, in their bottom line.
    Sorry to break the news to ya but wally world probly sells more Kiwi's (the fruit) than ammo nation wide. We as consumers are not even a blip on their radar.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Sorry to break the news to ya but wally world probly sells more Kiwi's (the fruit) than ammo nation wide. We as consumers are not even a blip on their radar.
    Ants don’t take a lot back to their nest, but they will eventually consume a whole piece of bread. I’ll settle for that small piece and hope that they piss other people off and they take their small piece. F Wally World with their cheap ass Chinese crap!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Wal-mart's business model has been to cultivate a "one stop shop" atmosphere. Even if they sold more fruit or clothes or what have you, they chose to eliminate one aspect of their business model.

According to Bloomberg news Wal-Mart sells 20 percent of all ammunition in the US. They plan to slash that down to a half or a third of what they sell now. We're talking a lot of money here, plus a reduction in "I'm here for other stuff but want ammo" purchases.

In 2017 Americans spent $17 billion dollars on ammunition. Wal-Mart is chumping off about $1.5 billion a year. This does not include collateral losses due to customers walking away from Wal-Mart because they cannot get ammo. Too.

Let's see how things shake out.

The decision is good news for Sporting goods stores which had to compete with Wal-Mart purchasing practices. Good for ammunition companies too. Wal-mart rapes its vendors.

Apparently this crap was promoted by a coalition of hysterics which called itself "Walmart must act". They are patting themselves on the back for their "victory". Well, we'll see.

The site itself is interesting - it's a bunch of the usual suspects and some, well, they're out there.
    Last edited by GeneCC; September 12th, 2019 at 11:15 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Tonight, anti-gun Walmart CEO Doug McMillon gave me $8.26* to be used towards the purchase of ammunition for either (a) handguns, or (b) short barrel rifles at a competitor of my choosing!!!

*the amount of my employee discount taken off tonight's household shopping purchase
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Ammo case tonight has more ammo than it did last week.
    Apparently we're still GETTING ammo, so they must be selling until their warehouse supplies are exhausted vs store supplies.

The stores don't keep ammo in the "back room".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 453 of 461 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457 ... LastLast