Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 399 of 461 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4608
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

I was just at the Walmart in Bensalem on Horizon Blvd & they had around 15 or so boxes of Remington .22LR in 50 round boxes for $4.87 each with a 3 box limit. A little pricey for my taste although I'm not hard up for .22LR right now, maybe if I was I would've bought some
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

I stopped in Tullytown Walmart last night. They had single boxes of 50 .22s for $7+. When I saw the price I didn't even look at what they were. The store now has long guns. Two circular display cases, total of around 14 guns accompanied by empty slots. I asked if thy ever get bricks of .22s and they said now and then but it goes quick. Didn't ask the price. BTW...if anyone realizes they need ammo when at or near the Tullytown Walmart,it's gotta be bought before 10 PM....Tullytown ordinance. I guess "it's for the children" or something.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    BTW...if anyone realizes they need ammo when at or near the Tullytown Walmart,it's gotta be bought before 10 PM....Tullytown ordinance. I guess "it's for the children" or something.
    Isn't that a preemption violation?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    Isn't that a preemption violation?
    It is, if that's true.

But from what I've heard it's pretty standard at many Walmarts to have no sales late at night or early morning due to who has the keys to the ammo case and who's on duty when. So this might just be a store rule that the staff is incorrectly claiming is a local ordinance.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    It is, if that's true.

But from what I've heard it's pretty standard at many Walmarts to have no sales late at night or early morning due to who has the keys to the ammo case and who's on duty when. So this might just be a store rule that the staff is incorrectly claiming is a local ordinance.
    May very well be true, the clerks that sell guns all have to go through background checks & be legally allowed to sell guns & do the paperwork, maybe the night crew didn't get the training in order to save money
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Just realized I had posted this and it was discussed back in 2013, with GL taking part. I would not have posted it without having learned of it from a good source.

OK...2038 hours this date I just got off the phone with Walmart spokeswoman who stated the reason they do not sell ammo after 10pm is that Tullytown has an ordinance regulating the times of sale, and emphatically stated it is not a store policy. I asked her if she had personally seen this ordinance and she said yes. She also said it is available on Tullytown's website (although I've had no luck finding it so far).

(Bucks County)

Been reading Tullytown's ordinances:

Chapter 115 Park Rules and Regulations

Firearms and other weapons. [1]
    No person shall:

A.
    Bring into or upon the properties of the Department, nor have in his possession, nor discharge, or set off anywhere upon said properties, a revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive substance or by any other force. This chapter shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, police officer, peace officer, or other duly appointed law enforcement officer while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of his position.

B.
    Possess any type of knife, hatchet or ax unless engaged in camping area for appropriate use.

C.
    Possess any of the above items in this section; otherwise the Tullytown Police Department shall confiscate any article or weapon in the possession of any person which is in violation of this section within the park system.

[1]:

Editor's Note: See also Ch. 79, Firearms.

§ 79-1

Discharge of firearms prohibited.

Except in necessary defense of person and property and except as provided in § 79-3 of this chapter, it shall be unlawful for any person to use, fire, or discharge any gun or other firearm within the Borough.

§ 79-2
    Use of air rifles, bow and arrows, or similar devices restricted.

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge any air rifle, air pistol, spring gun, spring pistol, BB gun, bow and arrow, or similar device, or any implement that is not a firearm but which impels a pellet of any kind with a force that can reasonably be expected to cause bodily harm, at any place within the Borough, except as provided in § 79-3 of this chapter, and except on a target range which is properly constructed to trap or stop the projectile as ascertained by the Chief of Police.

§ 79-3
    Exceptions.
    This chapter shall not apply to:
    A.
    Persons licensed to hunt in this commonwealth while actually engaged in hunting where permitted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;
    B.
    Members of any organization incorporated under laws of this commonwealth engaged in target shooting upon the grounds or property belonging to or under the control of such organization; and
    C.
    Any law enforcement officers when used in the discharge of their official duties.

§ 79-4
    Violations and penalties .

Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $300 and/or to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 90 days.

__________________________________________________ _______

Almost reads like Philadelphia, and Falls Twp, unless Park Systems are excluded from preemptions and such.

Still searching for that phantom ammo sales ordinance.

(Bucks County)

Meh... read every damned ordinance. Nothing about ammo sales that I can find...
    Sent an email to Walmart Corporate advising of situation. Let's see what they say.
    Last edited by Bang; October 24th, 2014 at 10:20 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    It is, if that's true.

Naw, it's just a WalMart policy. I used to buy ammo at midnight at the Erie city WalMart. Then they changed the policy to no ammo sales between 10PM and 8AM, which seems to be a corporate policy now, because all the WalMarts in the Erie area are using it. There are 4 within 15 miles of where I live.

(Bucks County)

Then I wish they would be up front instead of letting people spin their wheels looking for preemption violations.

Page 399 of 461 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449 ... LastLast