Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 345 of 461 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4608
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PaleDriver View Post
    Which Wally World? My results vary
    It was the super one in Greensburg.

(Montgomery County)

I finally think I have enough .22 for now. Scored a total of six 100 round boxes of mini mags split up over two walmarts, KOP and Trooper Rd Norristown. 3 box limits at both stores. No 525 federal bulk packs anywhere like I really wanted to find, but this was good enough.

(Allegheny County)

That's the thing man. Its NOT funny. Its painful and disgusting that I can't take my wife and go shooting because I can't afford the inflated prices (online or POS flippers or whatever). Im not stacking it deep and hoarding either.

I want enough to spend a day at the range practicing and plinking (no beta mags or anything dumb here trust me) but that would mean using everything I have and having nothing for emergencies. And Im not talking 10K rounds just incase. More like 1K spread across 12ga, 9mm, 22lr and 7.63X54r and its mostly 22lr at this point so you know how small of a pile that really is.

And before you say "Why didnt you stock up when things were good?". Thing is I DID. I bought a box or two here or there when I could and things were good. This ammo nonsense has been like this for a year now and two range trips in that time has depleted what I had. Guess I didn't hoard enough.

Walmart or other big box stores that haven't blown their prices up are my only hope at getting ammo at a decent price. Things is, I have to work 40+ hours a week and can't play the games that the POS flippers/shady gun shop owners/scooter patrol/friends of Walmart associates can.

I can't hit every Walmart in the area by 8AM each morning like they can. I don't have a deal with Walmart employees that are hiding ammo for me like they can. I can't spend hours online watching Walmart stock sites and rush out and buy everything like they can. I can't drag my wife, kids, third cousins and dog out to Walmart to buy their 3 box limit like they can. I'm not buying every box I can and getting a table at the gun show like they are.

Why shouldn't it be enraging?

I would guess that a lot of people on the forum here are like me and not like them. We take what we can get when we can find it and afford it. You grab what you can, when you can. That's not hoarding or stacking it 100 deep. Its getting enough to practice and plink without going broke or ending up with zero ammo on hand. You grab it when you can because we all know that the guy in line behind you is grabbing what he can and he might be a POS flipper

I'm just sick and tired of fighting for every round I can. It's darn near not worth it at this point. It's taken the joy out of going shooting and makes it a chore and stressful situation. It's just nonsense and makes me hate people more than normal. It makes me suspect every person I see when I do go to some big box store looking for ammo. It makes me side eye every employee.

It's all just nonsense. Part of its my fault. Part of it is we are our own worst enemies. Part of it is just humans being humans.

I'm just over it and venting.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I just find this whole .22LR thing a big hoot. The competition, the rage, the searching, it's all funny. It's like a gold rush or something. Even a year later people are still busting the barricades to stack this stuff 100 deep on their shelves.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Walmart in Hatfield had nothing that I was in need of yesterday.

I have finally started to see 9mm come in stock at various shops in my area. Might just be time to start looking for a G19.
    Hatfield has been well stocked recently with the 150 round AE XM855 bulk packs for $70 and most other rifle calibers (.308). So shotgun and rifle aren't bad - just missing pistol!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinalek View Post
    That's the thing man. Its NOT funny. Its painful and disgusting that I can't take my wife and go shooting because I can't afford the inflated prices (online or POS flippers or whatever). Im not stacking it deep and hoarding either.

I want enough to spend a day at the range practicing and plinking (no beta mags or anything dumb here trust me) but that would mean using everything I have and having nothing for emergencies. And Im not talking 10K rounds just incase. More like 1K spread across 12ga, 9mm, 22lr and 7.63X54r and its mostly 22lr at this point so you know how small of a pile that really is.

And before you say "Why didnt you stock up when things were good?". Thing is I DID. I bought a box or two here or there when I could and things were good. This ammo nonsense has been like this for a year now and two range trips in that time has depleted what I had. Guess I didn't hoard enough.

Walmart or other big box stores that haven't blown their prices up are my only hope at getting ammo at a decent price. Things is, I have to work 40+ hours a week and can't play the games that the POS flippers/shady gun shop owners/scooter patrol/friends of Walmart associates can.

I can't hit every Walmart in the area by 8AM each morning like they can. I don't have a deal with Walmart employees that are hiding ammo for me like they can. I can't spend hours online watching Walmart stock sites and rush out and buy everything like they can. I can't drag my wife, kids, third cousins and dog out to Walmart to buy their 3 box limit like they can. I'm not buying every box I can and getting a table at the gun show like they are.

I would guess that a lot of people on the forum here are like me and not like them. We take what we can get when we can find it and afford it. You grab what you can, when you can. That's not hoarding or stacking it 100 deep. Its getting enough to practice and plink without going broke or ending up with zero ammo on hand. You grab it when you can because we all know that the guy in line behind you is grabbing what he can and he might be a POS flipper

I'm just sick and tired of fighting for every round I can. It's darn near not worth it at this point. It's taken the joy out of going shooting and makes it a chore and stressful situation. It's just nonsense and makes me hate people more than normal. It makes me suspect every person I see when I do go to some big box store looking for ammo. It makes me side eye every employee.

It's all just nonsense. Part of its my fault. Part of it is we are our own worst enemies. Part of it is just humans being humans.

I hear you, trust me, you're not the only one that feels this way
    Jesus is Lord !

(Berks County)

stopped by my local wally world this morning(temple) ta see what they had in 9MM.......only 2 boxes on the shelf were Tulammo (50rd each) at $10.37 a box. I couldn't pass it up so I grabbed them both......figured its good enough ta put some holes in paper

(Lycoming County)

Try using gunbot to find the best prices online when you have the money. Then just have it shipped to your place. No driving around fighting with people for ammo. .22 may still be a little hard to find on there but everything else is available at reasonable prices.

I haven't found ammo at wally world locally in a long time. I mostly check at the LGS in the area and have been able to find ammo pretty regularly at prices only a few bucks above what it once was. The prices will never come back down to where they were IMO, but they are approaching it and are probably bottoming out.

If you really want to save money and shoot alot look into reloading. I just ordered a Lee single stage kit on amazon for $119. While not the best it will serve the purpose until I can save up for better equipment. I ordered some other accessories to go with it ( tumbler , media seperater, extra shell plates and quick change bushings, etc.) and it dinged me for @ $225. Figure in another couple hundred for dies and components to start out with and I'll be in buisness with a stock pile of a couple thousand rounds by next spring.

(Lehigh County)

maybe you should look into reloading
    common sense is a mf

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I just find this whole .22LR thing a big hoot. The competition, the rage, the searching, it's all funny. It's like a gold rush or something. Even a year later people are still busting the barricades to stack this stuff 100 deep on their shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

If you really want to save money and shoot alot look into reloading. I just ordered a Lee single stage kit on amazon for $119. While not the best it will serve the purpose until I can save up for better equipment. I ordered some other accessories to go with it ( tumbler , media seperater, extra shell plates and quick change bushings, etc.) and it dinged me for @ $225. Figure in another couple hundred for dies and components to start out with and I'll be in buisness with a stock pile of a couple thousand rounds by next spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus6d9 View Post
    maybe you should look into reloading
    Are there really many folks who reload .22LR? Is it even possible to reload a fired rimfire casing?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Are there really many folks who reload .22LR? Is it even possible to reload a fired rimfire casing?
    You cannot reload .22LR or course, but if you do reload, you can shoot 9mm for about the price of some .22LR I have seen on shelves.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 345 of 461 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast