Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 293 of 461 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4608
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    WWB, 9mm, $24.97 bought 3, 100packs.

Lebanon. There was one box .223, 8 more 9mm and 15 packs Federal 9mm 50pks.
    Well it looks like the Amish Mafia is going to be well supplied. Wish they would have some ammo at the North Versailles one.

(Berks County)

Yup, the lady said she tells some people they don't have any at times because she knows they are resellers.

I'll reserve comment.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Allegheny County)

11am today:

Gibsonia Walmart had just some shotgun and hunting rifle (.270 & 30/30) ammo in stock.

Ammo case was practically a barren wasteland.
    If gun control worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, instead of Thunderdome.

(Dauphin County)

Nothing in KOP other than the usual shotgun junk

(Lehigh County)

Went to check-out the Whitehall (Lehigh County) Walmart for ammo on Monday 3 June and found 50% of the ammo case occupied by automobile radios and subwoofers. I inquired and was told that the store will soon cease to sell ammunition. I wonder if this is a local condition (stimulated by the store manager) or future plans laid by corporate. Walmart has the power of the largest retailer. They have always had ammo and I find it difficult to believe that if Walmart really wanted to sell it they would obtain it and stock the shelves. Time to find other sources or load your own.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by av8tr123 View Post
    Went to check-out the Whitehall (Lehigh County) Walmart for ammo on Monday 3 June and found 50% of the ammo case occupied by automobile radios and subwoofers. I inquired and was told that the store will soon cease to sell ammunition. I wonder if this is a local condition (stimulated by the store manager) or future plans laid by corporate. Walmart has the power of the largest retailer. They have always had ammo and I find it difficult to believe that if Walmart really wanted to sell it they would obtain it and stock the shelves. Time to find other sources or load your own.

Walmart stores are all corporate, so unless laws change state to state, Walmart stores will all be pretty much the same. Managers can't make those kind of calls without corporate oversight.

I think the Walmart Sporting Goods employees are just getting tired of seeing and hearing us. The girl I talk to at Audobon said she has people who are there twice a day every single day and they have people coming through 24/7 looking for ammo. Some employees at some locations are probably talking out of their @$$e$ to try and stop people from showing up looking.

It won't work.......
    Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...specnic75.html

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by av8tr123 View Post
    Walmart has the power of the largest retailer. They have always had ammo and I find it difficult to believe that if Walmart really wanted to sell it they would obtain it and stock the shelves. Time to find other sources or load your own.
    They can't get ammo that isn't out there. The Walmart Ammo Thread was started in 2009. Two years after the last ammo shortage started in 2007.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Specnic75 View Post
    Walmart stores are all corporate, so unless laws change state to state, Walmart stores will all be pretty much the same. Managers can't make those kind of calls without corporate oversight.

I think the Walmart Sporting Goods employees are just getting tired of seeing and hearing us. The girl I talk to at Audobon said she has people who are there twice a day every single day and they have people coming through 24/7 looking for ammo. Some employees at some locations are probably talking out of their @$$e$ to try and stop people from showing up looking.

It won't work.......
    I haven't been there in awhile, but the Harrisburg Wal-mart didn't sell guns the last time I was there, but the one in Mechanicsburg did. I'm not sure if the one in Harrisburg even sold ammo? There's gotta be some kind of store by store basis on what they sell, right?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
    I haven't been there in awhile, but the Harrisburg Wal-mart didn't sell guns the last time I was there, but the one in Mechanicsburg did. I'm not sure if the one in Harrisburg even sold ammo? There's gotta be some kind of store by store basis on what they sell, right?
    Harrisburg sells ammo (though they seem to get it in stock far less often than Palmyra, Lebanon, and York), but I don't recall seeing guns there any time recently. I don't recall if they once had them (I've moved a few times and all the Walmarts tend to blur together.) Mechanicsburg sells guns and even has a spot for a featured "gun of the month". So yes, there definitely is variance from store to store within a region and not all stores carry all products.

As an aside, a few weeks back I was passing through the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area and decided to check and see what the ammo situation was at each of two Walmarts located only a few miles apart. The first had a mostly empty ammo cabinet (typical for WM these days) with nothing useful (to me) on the shelves.

The second had a smaller locking glass cabinet in the Sports & Outdoors section, but it was filled with non-ammo merch. (knives and other stuff I think). The only ammo was a few random boxes on the shelf next to it. I don't know if corporate has decided they won't be selling ammo there anymore or if the local manager got tired of the empty display space, but one way or another their cabinet which looked like it could have been intended for ammo was being used otherwise. Either that or (since it was smaller) it was never an ammo cabinet.
    Last edited by twency; June 7th, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

Willow Grove just got a big shipment.

.45, 9mm, .22lr, .380, even .223!!!!

Come and get it!
    Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...specnic75.html

Page 293 of 461 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast