Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 253 of 461 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4608
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Walmart Ammo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rob m View Post
    I think that would have to be a pretty big price increase to stop people from buying it when they have it.
    He seems to think the ammo companies are holding it back a little, don't know if it's true, we'll know in a couple days if it is
    Jesus is Lord !

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Get your anti-drone ammo here, in stock now
    http://www.luckygunner.com/12ga-3-ur...ition-5-rounds

That is hilarious! I'd have ordered some!

(Montgomery County)

He seems to think the ammo companies are holding it back a little, don't know if it's true, we'll know in a couple days if it is
    Yes we will. I can not wait for the days when we can see full shelves again on a regular basis

(Montgomery County)

I don't know if they are holding back as much as they are selling it to companies other than Wally. Wally isn't know for paying the highest price to manufacturers.

Wally wants to pay the BigAmmo factory, say, $10 for a 100-rd box of 9mm, so that they can sell it to you for $20. A thousand cases. They used to pay them $6 a box.

Meanwhile, Supercheap.com offers Federal $40 a box so they can sell them online for $90, again, a thousand cases.

BigAmmo's shareholders are not going to be happy if they sell to Wally.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I don't know if they are holding back as much as they are selling it to companies other than Wally. Wally isn't know for paying the highest price to manufacturers.

Wally wants to pay the BigAmmo factory, say, $10 for a 100-rd box of 9mm, so that they can sell it to you for $20. A thousand cases. They used to pay them $6 a box.

Meanwhile, Supercheap.com offers Federal $40 a box so they can sell them online for $90, again, a thousand cases.

BigAmmo's shareholders are not going to be happy if they sell to Wally.
    Your analogy is flawed. Wally will buy 50,000 cases in one time versus your supercheap.coms 1000 cases. Guranteed contracts with quantities of scale working means that more money and gurantee's work etc. And it will get their brand out all over the country which means several things, it's getting its brand distributed across the country with just a couple of other brands to compete against and this can build brand loyalty. Fullfilling Wally's contract now ensures that they'll have a contract in the future. Wally will still buy 50000 cases while supercheap will be back to buying 100.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoxZ71 View Post
    That is hilarious! I'd have ordered some!
    I would have as well, I'd even like to get my hands on an empty box like that one, I could have some fun with it !
    Jesus is Lord !

(Wayne County)

double tap
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Wayne County)

The ammo is dumping in, almost every night. People have perfected the art of hawking it and are still buying it in bulk. I bought this case the other night......

Now before you guys get all pissed off let me explain, I have posted tips about using the UPC/Walmart.com site earlier but what happened the other night took the cake.

I went to the local Wally World after the gym to pick up OJ ( 23:00 ) and strolled back to SG. Ammo shelves were bare except the normal stuff and no one was around. While spinning the gun display I noticed an older man walk up to a skid of random SG stuff the stocking guys had brought out, coleman tents, coolers, and some folding chairs. He nonchalantly took the tents off the top and started lifting cases of ammo into his cart.

He had a case of 5000 + rounds of 22lr, and 2 cases of WWB 9mm in his cart before he noticed me staring....flabergasted.

He smiled and all I could mutter was "son of a bitch"

I asked him "WTF?!" and he said he'd been doing this for months, stopping by almost everynight, seeing what they had and taking whatever he wanted RIGHT OFF THE PALLET. It was buried, a bit but there. You could have walked right past it and never noticed, lord knows I did many nights.

He asked me if I was looking for something and I said 9mm, so he handed me one of the cases out of his cart and sarcastically said " better get it or I'm going to laughing"......, I followed him out. The lady up front acted like she knew him and he just cut the boxes open and she scanned one box 10 times in each case. I cut mine open and she did the same thing without batting an eye.

This older dude with white hair and a Red Jacket hat was and probably still is single handedly choking off a great deal of desirable ammo in my area. He is practically a professional ammo hawk, a product of our times......

The moral of the story is go in late, and check the skids/pallets around SG. Dig around a bit, you never know what you'll find......

Hopefully this silly shit ends soon.....
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Berks County)

Got this today at 8 am with plenty left for others:

Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

All the Walmart's in this area have a 3 box limit, even if there were cases there, & I have been checking the skids out, we would never be able to buy an entire case
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 253 of 461 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast