Finally made it over there. It's not easily found if you don't have the right directions before hand. Forget asking the locals, an out of stater actually gave me the right directions. My brother, neighbor and I made it there after some circling.

It's a very barren site. 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges, about 6 or 7 benches with one seat on each side. Looks like theyve been there for about 20 years and are completely beaten to hell. It's a no-shotgun range yet theres crate loads of shot shells all over the place, they dont appear to be slug shells.

3 guys at the rifle range. Two packed up and left as soon as we showed up, wouldnt make eye contact. The guy left over said they were freaking him out and he was glad they left when we arrived. Spent some time there and went over to the pistol range.

Pistol range was 25 yards with one 50 yard bay. The front stands where you placed your firearms and supplies was in decent shape. However, the target stands were beat to hell and splintered up. I don't see them lasting another year at the current rate. The metal sheets reinforcing the stands(i imagine because the original wood was shot to shit) is completely scattered with bullet holes. One other guy showed up there. We seemed to work just fine calling hot and checking targets, etc.

Coming from Effort I can't justify the drive with what we went to shoot. Mosins, AK's, and pistols. Nothing the local pay range, Sunset Hill can't offer. The pistol range is not ideal for self defense training because you're bordering on "homicide range". It seem's great if you have a scoped rifle though. I probably wont be back until I own a scoped rifle.

Oh and the dirt/rock roads aren't that bad. Not alot of pot holes but keep it under 10. My brothers cadillac was scraping at some points and it's stock suspension and wheels.