Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Smile Re: Colt Pony 380 value

Well, I'm sure glad I asked.
    I'm going to take this advice and put it on Gunbroker as soon as my daughter takes some pictures for me.
    I saw one there for "buy now", the price was $1250. That's seems crazy.
    I think I'll post for $750 and see what happens.

And thanks to all for the warm welcome!

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Colt Pony 380 value

A buddy had a Pony on his table at the Greensburgh show, as new in box w/ all papers ect.., and probably never fired, but not confirmed.

Anyway, he had it marked for $900, dropped to $850 on Sunday morn. The only offer he recieved was for $600.

He was selling it for his boss, and he wouldn't take less than $750. He brought it back home.

You should get $750 on GB, for some reason, the guy I know dosen't want to mess with GB.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by James Luning View Post
    I saw one there for "buy now", the price was $1250. That's seems crazy.
    That's not crazy. I've seen NIB models going for that and LNIB models bringing in around $1K.

Quote Originally Posted by James Luning View Post
    I think I'll post for $750 and see what happens.
    Just be careful not to sell yourself short.

I've got a Colt Pony 380 stainless. I have two stainless mags and one black mag. All mags are Colt. It has not even had 100 rounds thru it! Thinking about letting it go. Thanks for the info on pricing!

(Allegheny County)

I'm always amazed at gun prices. Even though its arguably a lousy defense gun with a small round (it is, after all, referred to as a mouse gun), its no longer made. I have a Colt King Cobra 4" revolver in NRA 99% condition that I paid 400 bucks for. A guy had it in a sock drawer for 12 years "cause it was broken". Local gunsmith installed a missing spring, and told me that in his opinion the gun had come from the factory with that missing spring. It cost me 35 bucks to get it repaired. Take a look on Gunsamerica.com or gunbroker.com I think I did O.K. Anyhoo, back to your Colt, don't give it away. There will be some yokel who will pay you a king's ransom for it. Personally, I'd hang on to it. Guns may end up being the currency of the new era. I've been buying guns for investment value for a long time. I hope never to have to sell them, but it sure is nice to have tangible goods to use as currency as opposed to pieces of paper with dead presidents pictures on them.

Whatever you do, don't go to a gun shop. They are in business for profit, and you'll likely be lucky to get 300 bucks for it.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Allegheny County)

I sold my pony pocket light customized by scott mcdougal, trigger still sucked . sold about a year ago on gunbroker for 900.00 seems any colt they dont make anymore goes way up in value. ive had good luck selling on gunbroker.

(Montgomery County)

Have you considered taking it in to a couple of gun shops for an evaluation? If they offer you close to what you think it's worth it might be easier on you than an internet sale. Just a thought.

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Allegheny County)

Ummm... this thread is from April 2009.

My bet is that he's made up his mind by now.

p.s.
    I still haz MY Colt Pony and no, it's not for sale.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Thanks for the info guys. Think I'll get ready to put it up for sale soon. Thinking about starting it at 750.00 and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I agree with the other posters about how much they will sell for. I was just giving what the BBGV says about it. Any gun that was a limited production will almost always fetch more than that "book" value. Also the market comes into play. The more desirable the gun the more it will sell for. If I were to be selling I would look at the auction sites and see what the going price seems to be and then list accordingly. DO NOT TAKE IT TO A GUN SHOP!!!! They will never give you what the current rate is. They will try to buy it for as little as possible and so shops may try to convince you that it is worth less because of blah, blah, blah, just to try to get it cheap. They know what it's going to sell for so sell it yourself, you'll be better off.
    Agreed, A buddy of mine knows of a HK P7 that was locked in the safe, some clowns burned the lock out and melted part of the grip, Gunshop said they could only give them $200 for it cause it was F'd up, I bet they swapped out the grips and slapped $1000 price tag on it. Stay away from the Gun shops if you want the most value out of it.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast