Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LEO at gun shop

(Northampton County)

Talking LEO at gun shop

I went to the gun shop in Tannersville to pick up a holster for my new Glock 30, while I am there a customer ask the shop owner where can he get a LTCF, Somehow the conversation jumped to OCing and to my surprise this guy LEO said we have been getting extensive training on that topic, and my commander said the people that are OCIng belong to radical group on line just looking for confrontation to start law suites, He said they are told if you want to get the guy who is OCing do not make contact while he is on foot, wait till he gets in his vehicle and then approach you now have probable cause to ask for I.D. and there LTCF. Then the shop owner says if you get your LTCF you are now committed to CC, you will not be able to OC, I advised him he was totaly incorect and the LEO agreed telling him thats not true. Now my question is since I have signed up to these forums am I know a RADICAL.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: LEO at gun shop

Quote Originally Posted by fafafohi View Post
    Now my question is since I have signed up to these forums am I know a RADICAL.
    Mr. Dell'Abate:

No.

Default Re: LEO at gun shop

I went to the gun shop in Tannersville to pick up a holster for my new Glock 30, while I am there a customer ask the shop owner where can he get a LTCF, Somehow the conversation jumped to OCing and to my surprise this guy LEO said we have been getting extensive training on that topic, and my commander said the people that are OCIng belong to radical group on line just looking for confrontation to start law suites, He said they are told if you want to get the guy who is OCing do not make contact while he is on foot, wait till he gets in his vehicle and then approach you now have probable cause to ask for I.D. and there LTCF. Then the shop owner says if you get your LTCF you are now committed to CC, you will not be able to OC, I advised him he was totaly incorect and the LEO agreed telling him thats not true. Now my question is since I have signed up to these forums am I know a RADICAL.
    Shop in Tannersville .. would that be Warner's Surplus?

What did the guy behind the counter (that told you you had to CC once you got your LTCF) look like because I know the owner hasn't been in this week and I know DAMN WELL Rich wouldn't say that cause it's total BULLSHIT.

You are NOT required to carry concealed once you get your LTCF PERIOD, the guy behind the counter (if it's who I think it is) needs a bit of reeducation and I will be damn sure I let him know about it.

Now as far as the cop, sounds like he was talking out of his ass too because I have heard the new training is to advise forces that OC is legal.

(Lehigh County)

What department was the LEO with?

(Monroe County)

1. WELCOME to the forum!

2. If you stop upto the Split Rock show this weekend you can meet the actual owner of the shop you were in today. I'll also have a boatload of holsters with me and you are more than welcome to try some others.

3. I also CORRECTED my employee on the misinformation about being commited to CC since you have a LTCF. He is 100% WRONG and he knows that now. I do apologize for the misinformation.

4. YES the local PD's just received thier training update and it does seriously explain that OC is 100% legal as well as going into detail of what too do and what NOT to do. As for the "wait till they get into a vehicle part" I'll look into that because I am almost posative the LEO you talked with today is actually ESU police. It would also explain the "radical" part.

5. I talk to quite a few LEO's on a daily basis and I have heard NOTHING negative about the training memo or ANY mention of us radicals

that said, are there radicals on this board? Hell yea!! Especialy that Pa. Patriot guy! He is the worst of them, he always has to argue or correct other members

Hey Pa.,
    '

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

''

Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Shop in Tannersville .. would that be Warner's Surplus?

What did the guy behind the counter (that told you you had to CC once you got your LTCF) look like because I know the owner hasn't been in this week and I know DAMN WELL Rich wouldn't say that cause it's total BULLSHIT.

You are NOT required to carry concealed once you get your LTCF PERIOD, the guy behind the counter (if it's who I think it is) needs a bit of reeducation and I will be damn sure I let him know about it.

Now as far as the cop, sounds like he was talking out of his ass too because I have heard the new training is to advise forces that OC is legal.
    OK,
    1, DC is correct!!!!

2. DC is correct!!!

3. My damn button is roke!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Getting in a car OC'ing gives them no more probable cause then getting into the car NOT open carrying and them asking for your driver's liscense. What is the crime they have a reasonable suspicion of you committing? What reasonable suspicion do they have to think you DON'T have a LTCF? All that would get out of me was my drivers liscense.

snip

He said they are told if you want to get the guy who is OCing do not make contact while he is on foot, wait till he gets in his vehicle and then approach you now have probable cause to ask for I.D. and there LTCF. snip.
    If the cop actually said, or is being trained, that the simple of getting in a car with a gun creates PC, or even the much easier RAS, sooner or later he's going to get that lawsuit they seem worried about!

I do not find it beyond belief that the cops are being trained that citizens who support the Constitution and stand up for their rights are radicals. The State of Missouri said so recently, if ya'll will remember.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    Getting in a car OC'ing gives them no more probable cause then getting into the car NOT open carrying and them asking for your driver's liscense. What is the crime they have a reasonable suspicion of you committing? What reasonable suspicion do they have to think you DON'T have a LTCF? All that would get out of me was my drivers liscense.
    Is it not illegal to carry a handgun on your person in a vehicle without a LTCF even if OC?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    i was told the same thing by a washington county PO. their training states that if a person is spotted OCing and then Enters a vehicle then that officer can stop the person and ask for ID and a LTCF.

this is what was said to me by a PO as per his training and understanding of the new MPOETC.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast