Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default bushmaster ar-15 pricing?

So I looked at a Bushmaster M4-A3 today for $1,200

Much to my surprise there were 7 AR's in stock.
    I'm a complete AR newb, and to be honest I don't really even desire one, but after the last ban I just don't want to wait out another one. Money wise it's probably now or never.

So new world pricing considered is this a reasonable price?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: bushmaster ar-15 pricing?

$1200 for a bushy is too much in my opinion. In most cases, you can get a colt le6920 (better than bushmaster) for less than $1500. If you are going to pay $1200 for a bushy, i'd suggest spending a few hundred more on the colt.

(Butler County)

It's not an amazing price but in the current environment it's also not that unreasonable. I purchased that same rifle for $900 about 2 years ago. Mine has been flawless.

I saw a Bushmaster AR "optics ready" at Dunhams tonight for $950. Could get that and slap a carry handle on it for a little less than what you're looking at...but honestly, if you want an AR I wouldn't hesitate too much by shopping for a ridiculous deal. Two of the stores I regular that are usually very affordably priced are selling that gun for $1295.

In a few years you won't be thinking about the extra you spent on a great gun.

Weapons bans fears, inflation, etc. will probably keep prices rising.

P.S. I didn't really care about ARs either until I owned one...I was at the range today "just to shoot 10 rounds or so" with my AR after spending most of the day with my handguns...50 rounds later I was still shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    $1200 for a bushy is too much in my opinion. In most cases, you can get a colt le6920 (better than bushmaster) for less than $1500. If you are going to pay $1200 for a bushy, i'd suggest spending a few hundred more on the colt.

Consider I live in the middle of nowhere and that a Colt is likely not an option without ordering something.

I haven't shopped around for a couple months, back then it seemed anything was 900-1000, and a Bushmaster was beyond that. Stag's were around 950, but closer to $1,100 with the same rear sight option.

I don't know. I'm confused. To me $1,200 ir really my upper limit. I'd rather spend $800, but I don't think that is reality anymore.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Consider I live in the middle of nowhere and that a Colt is likely not an option without ordering something.

I haven't shopped around for a couple months, back then it seemed anything was 900-1000, and a Bushmaster was beyond that. Stag's were around 950, but closer to $1,100 with the same rear sight option.

I don't know. I'm confused. To me $1,200 ir really my upper limit. I'd rather spend $800, but I don't think that is reality anymore.
    If you find a new Bushmaster or Colt AR for $800 sign me up for 10.

Most stores I frequent don't have any and the ones that do are $1200+

AKs are spiking too...$300 WASRs are now $550 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicrat View Post
    If you find a new Bushmaster or Colt AR for $800 sign me up for 10.

Most stores I frequent don't have any and the ones that do are $1200+

AKs are spiking too...$300 WASRs are now $550 and up.
    The thing is I can snag a flat top for under 1k, but I really don't have a desire to add optics. I'm sure that's famous last words, but I really want to try and keep it simple and functional, which means more for the front and rear sights.

Actually the main reason I'm even considering an AR-15 is because AK's have gone up so much that an AR almost seems reasonable. That and concerns of availabilty 7.62 over .223 ammo in the future.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    The thing is I can snag a flat top for under 1k, but I really don't have a desire to add optics. I'm sure that's famous last words, but I really want to try and keep it simple and functional, which means more for the front and rear sights.

Actually the main reason I'm even considering an AR-15 is because AK's have gone up so much that an AR almost seems reasonable. That and concerns of availabilty 7.62 over .223 ammo in the future.
    What brand flat top did you look at for under 1k? You do not need to buy an optic for it or spend a bunch on fancy flip up sites--- in most cases you could get a detachable carry handle (just like the a2 models) for about $75. This would put you way under $1200 then later if you ever felt the need for an ampoint / eotech and flip up sites, you could add them.

EDIT---also, the bushy m4a3 you mentioned should be a flat top with a detachable carry handle.

(Butler County)

I personally enjoy shooting my AR with iron sights...not a thing wrong with putting optics on it but to me it just seems like the perfect iron sight gun.

I saw Bushmaster flat top today for 950.

(Allegheny County)

I bought a a Bushmaster XM-15 E2S not too long ago for a little less than $1100, and it's never given me any problems. I've even managed to shoot 1 and 3/4 inch groups at 100m (could probably shoot better if it weren't for me). The one complaint I have about it though, is that I bought it before I knew it had a permanently attached flash suppressor, which I'm not a real big fan of. But it is a good quality rifle and I don't think you'd be disappointed if you buy a Bushmaster.
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Republicrat View Post
    I personally enjoy shooting my AR with iron sights...not a thing wrong with putting optics on it but to me it just seems like the perfect iron sight gun.

I saw Bushmaster flat top today for 950.
    I used to think like this too and bought only A1 / A2 fixed carry handle models. Then i bought my first A3 flat top and put an aimpoint on it. I have not bought another A1 / A2 since. It is like the aimpoint / eotech make the AR complete. There is no comparison (in my opinion) the dot optics make an AR much faster getting on target.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast