Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs up 2 of 2 in 2 months ...

Well ... today I took a co worker to the range during lunch. It was his very first time ever shooting a gun. This is my 2nd time I have been able to take a co-worker who has never shot a gun out to the range. The last co-worker and I went within the last 2 months.

Seems like I'm a good roll here. Both of them had a blast and want to go again. It's nice to watch them go from being nervous to excited because it was so much fun.

I do have a little routine that they have to go through before we shoot.

1. Go over safety rules
    2. Show them how to handle the gun
    3. Go over safety rules again
    4. Explain that if safety rules are broke, shooting stops immediately

So how many new people has everyone taken to range this year so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 2 of 2 in 2 months ...

I took my buddy to the range back in February. I told him the safety rules in the car before we even went into the range, then once we got a lane, I showed him how the pistol worked. I went first to demonstrate, then he went.

He enjoyed it.

Good work, I'd rep ya but I gotta spread the love.

1 so far for me (the story I posted about my son's girlfriend) but we are planning to take a couple we know shooting within the next few weeks. He has shot before but hasn't since he married her. She is (was) a MAJOR anti gun nut but has started to come around somewhat with all the problems going around in our area ... we are hoping for a 'clean conversion' into the fold.

(Allegheny County)

The kid I took today ... "didn't understand why people would want to own assault weapons". At least that's what he said when we hired him. I can't wait to see what he says once he gets to shoot them. BTW ... he is already learning that "assault weapons" = full auto. It's just a matter of time
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I've taken two, my borderline anti-gun sister and her once anti-gun husband.
    After a lot of debate on why "guns aren't evil," got her husband to come along first, and what do you know...he loved it. It took a while longer to get my sister to go along, but when she finally did, I think she enjoyed it (though she tried to hide her enthusiasm). But in any case, they have definitely reformed their view on firearms. Hopefully they'll share the love soon too
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Nice job mojo! Rep sent for dc and myself for helping to add to our cause.

(Allegheny County)

I think that I have one more here in the office. Crap, we might have to hire some new people to keep it going.

It's great hearing stories of everyone sharing in the fun of shooting.

I was out with a vendor last night, and found out that he likes to shoot clay birds but doesn't belong to a range. I think that is really his only experience with guns, so I will probably take him out and "accidentally" bring some other guns with us.

I just took my second socialworker newbie out last week. The first one wants me to take her 11yo son, which I will gladly do once it warms up a little more. She's interested in getting a .22 rifle once he tries out one of mine. The other one was last week. Started with a .22, stepped up to .32, 9, then the .45. Over to the the shotgun area with a .410 and 12. Guess her favorites. Yep. .45 and 12! I'm directing her here to check out the ads since she's up for ownership. An LTCF isn't too far behind. She and I are steering an antigun co-worker to give it a try. I'm very sure her 14yo son would like a shot at it as well, he hangs with me at work sometimes, wanting to use the drills, torch, powersaws, chainsaw,etc. No doubt he wants to feel steel in his hands. On a different note, my boss's husband just put a bullet through 4 walls in their house "clearing" the gun. She's not anti gun, just anti him with a gun. This is the guy who ties down awkward loads in his pickup with telephone wire. Maybe some people just shouldn't have guns. But otherwise, I'm going to keep on getting socialworkers out on the line.

(Allegheny County)

I've taken 2 first timers out to Anthony Arms (nice that you can rent so many different pistols) in the last couple months. One is so worked up to get a pistol of his own, but he's off to New York in June and didn't know that the laws aren't quite the same up there.

(Allegheny County)

Repped. Nice work bringing in people to the dark side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast