Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default GIVE act hypothetical

Let's say they come to take your kids to the government funded "mandatory" volunteer camps they're trying to set up.

What's your natural response to that?

My wife surprised me with "hopefully a state would secede and we'd just go there"

She's come such a long way since we were kids

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: GIVE act hypothetical

I'd give 'em about 10 seconds to vacate the premises before things went sour... then I'd get the hell out of that state.

I know it's sad to say, but if the Federal government keeps up its oppressive trend, secession may be the best way to go.
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

(Chester County)

I'd tell the Gov to blow me and I'd pack up and move to a State that wouldn't stand for this shit.
    Great job!

(Lancaster County)

I have a problem with how I figure the school is gonna treat my kids when they are old enough to go. Now you ask me if the government tried to force my kid to do something that We didn't agree with? Hell no! My kid will not be involved in that period! They will stay off my property if they know what is good for them. I don't know about other folks on here, but I am willing to lay down my life for my children any day.

* I probably just made a list somewhere

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    My wife surprised me with "hopefully a state would secede and we'd just go there"
    Sounds like you got a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    You were probably already on said list just for being a member of a pro-2A forum!

I don't have kids yet. But to answer the hypothetical question: I'd do something similar to what everyone else has posted so far...Tell the government agents to GTFO and then go to a place that hasn't given in to this bullshit (if there is such a place at that point).

I have a problem with how I figure the school is gonna treat my kids when they are old enough to go. Now you ask me if the government tried to force my kid to do something that We didn't agree with? Hell no! My kid will not be involved in that period! They will stay off my property if they know what is good for them. I don't know about other folks on here, but I am willing to lay down my life for my children any day.

At your age, You are the KID they are looking for, you wont need children, they are looking for soldiers, so 18/45 is valid...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Butler County)

Think Ruby Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancolt View Post
    Sounds like you got a keeper

You were probably already on said list just for being a member of a pro-2A forum!
    ^^What he said.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    At your age, You are the KID they are looking for, you wont need children, they are looking for soldiers, so 18/45 is valid...
    Sometimes it pays to be a member of the old farts club.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Sometimes it pays to be a member of the old farts club.
    Friken AARP sent me a member card tonight... I are old!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cambria County)

They already have government funded "mandatory" volunteer camp training. It's called the public school system.

It all starts in school, doesn't it?
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Friken AARP sent me a member card tonight... I are old!
    Hell, they been sending me stuff since I was 45. I keep telling my wife I'm not a senior citizen, yet.

The other is from the Social Security telling me every year how little money I'll be getting in 20 years. Like there will be any left by that time.

The whole school system, including preschool, is more about indoctrination. More group think, no personal freedom or responsibility.

From what I've read this GIVE Act will start at the college level first. I mean it's only 6 Billion dollars so far. Much of that money will be wasted on administrative costs. I still don't know what they hope to achieve or what are the goals of this program.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast