Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Glock 30 to 10mm ???

Can I convert my Glock 30, 45cal to a 10mm?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Glock 30 to 10mm ???

Sure.

You can buy a 10mm upper (for a Glock 29) and slap it on there. And then put in a 10mm barrel. Lone Wolf Distributors makes them. Expect to pay in the $380 range for this route, at a minimum, unless you get lucky and find a complete used OEM G29 slide for sale.

$200 for the slide, $100 for a cheap barrel. And then another $50 for the guts of the slide, new ejector for the lower, and shipping. Then you need new magazines, at $30 a piece. At $380, you might as well just buy a used G29 for $400.

You could also buy a conversion barrel, but the reliability on those is spotty due to the difference in size of the breech face, no matter what the manufacturers say (Lone Wolf makes them, and any of the major barrel shops will do them if you ask, KKM, Storm Lake, Bar-Sto, etc.). I'd avoid it if you're going to carry it for protection. Expect to pay $200 or so. New ejector, too, I think. And then $30 for a magazine.

The last option is the easiest. Just buy a .400 Corbon barrel from Storm Lake, and .400 Corbon ammo from Corbon. The round is (basically) a .45 ACP necked down to 10mm, and you get ballistics that are close enough as to be identical. $160 from Storm Lake. No screwing around with ejectors, uppers, fitting, and you don't need new magazines.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Glock 30 to 10mm ???

Thanks you.