Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Philly City Council

Philly City Council on this mornings news announced that it will be introducing some of the old gun laws it was unable to past due to the state blocking them. Only this time they believe they found a way to word them that will allow an end run around the state. Six new city gun laws in all.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Philly City Council

sounds like they're gonna have to get ready for another round in the courts...

(Chester County)

These guys are something else. What I see here is the struggle for political survival. They know the people in philly are outraged by the crime. So if they pass gun laws it makes them look like hero's. Crime wont go down but they can say they did something. If they dont get anything passed they are afraid a republican will come in and solve the crime by real crime measures and then people might question the dem/liberal position.

They are scrambling. I hope the courts beat the crap out of them again. If they had a brain in their head they would put this effort into stopping crime. When I see this I say to myself they dont want to stop crime. Another position they want for dependence. They want to be the savior. Sorry to say, they are not qualified for the job.

(Montgomery County)

I don't think they believe gun control will solve anything. And I think they don't want to see any more gun control. Win the new laws and you better get results. Lose and you can blame the crime on the "Gun Nuts" and the NRA.

(Lebanon County)

I wonder if these council people are in cahoots with Angel Cruz? Cruz was talking the other day about making HB760 apply for Philly only. You see, the rest of us uncivilized savages living in the sticks don't understand the problems facing a civilized city like Philadelphia.

(Monroe County)

Yes, Angel Cruz is an enemy of the PA Constitution and our Bill of Rights. I'm sure he has a lot of cronies that help in Philly's council.

But if these bills are stopped, it will severly restrict his ability to make good on this:
    • HB018: May allow municipalities like Pittsburgh or Philly to put some restrictions on firearms.
    • HR023: Allows first class cities to pass one gun a month restrictions
    • HB025: Allows cities of first class to pass more gun control ordinances

(Westmoreland County)

So I am off to Philadelphia this weekend for a family event. Anything a Pittsburgher should know about these laws as they pertain to concealed carry?

I have always carried when in Philly and did not even entertain the idea that there was a different set of laws for that town.

Any help is appreciated.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Philadelphia County)

Meh, guess i'll be a criminal when i'm in philly then.

The solution is simple. Cut your losses by giving Philly to Joisey, he he he.....

They got Camden next door in the most gun restricted state but crime is still way out of control, some even say crime rate there is higher than Philly.
    http://www.camconnect.org/MostDangerousCity.htm

Seem like Philly is like a cancer to PA. No offense to some of you who live in Philly, but this is what it seems like.

1FingrCHan

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    So I am off to Philadelphia this weekend for a family event. Anything a Pittsburgher should know about these laws as they pertain to concealed carry?

I have always carried when in Philly and did not even entertain the idea that there was a different set of laws for that town.

Any help is appreciated.
    the only law that is different is that you need to have an LTCF to open carry in philly. this is in the state UFA. as of now, philly cannot pass (or well at least cannot enforce in court) their own gun laws no matter how much some of their politicians want to.

you are fine CCing with your LTCF in philly as of now...same rules as the rest of the state (if they get these laws passed and amend the PA UFA, that could change, though.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast