Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default What is wrong with people?

Assuming it's true, this lawmaker claims to have received a threat via e-mail stating he should be shot for supporting the bill. Ironically, he is a former police officer who supports Cruz's bill, yet carries a gun for protection. He claims he will wear a bullet-proof vest from now on and start carrying his handgun more often.

Sending threats to supporters of these bills is stupid and counter-productive.The person who did that has to realize that, if caught, could very well have just screwed him/herself out of their right to own guns. Disagreeing is one thing...making threats is quite another. I would have to question the mentality of this person and their ability to safely own any firearms.

The irony is that it does sort of prove the hypocrisy of these legislators. I'm anti-gun...but carry one for my protection.

From the WHTM website:

Lawmaker Says He'll Wear Bulletproof Vest After Threat
    Thursday April 26, 2007 2:03pm

Harrisburg (AP) - A Philadelphia lawmaker who supports tougher gun control laws says he'll start wearing a bulletproof vest after receiving a threatening e-mail for supporting a fellow Democrat's views on the issue.

Representative Jewell Williams says he'll ask police to investigate an e-mail he received this morning from an Allentown resident, saying he should be shot while he is in Harrisburg because he supports Representative Angel Cruz.

Williams, a former police officer who has a gun permit, says he'll also probably carry his weapon more often after two gun rights supporters displayed a banner in the Capitol Tuesday calling for Cruz to be "hung from the tree of liberty." The message was protesting legislation sponsored by Cruz to require gun registration and a ten dollar per gun annual fee.

A spokesman for Capitol Police says no formal complaint has been filed about either the banner or the e-mail Williams says he received.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Berks County)

Default Re: What is wrong with people?

Animal farm. Some animals are more equal. At least that seems to be the message from the majority of the antis. Think Rosie, Chuckie Schumer, DiFi...
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Some people are idiots. It comes from upbringing. Parents are probably idiots, too.

(Apologies to Robert Zemeckis.)

(Allegheny County)

The irony is that it does sort of prove the hypocrisy of these legislators. I'm anti-gun...but carry one for my protection.
    BINGO!

I wondered if anyone picked up on THAT!
    He just made our argument FOR us.

Shouldn't he rely on THE POLICE to protect him from criminals/threats? (real or perceived)
    Isn't that what the anti-gun crowd preaches? HE doesn't NEED a gun any more or less than I need a gun.

There is NOTHING in the second amendment that refers to the people's NEED to bear arms.

Typical.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    BINGO!

I wondered if anyone picked up on THAT!
    He just made our argument FOR us.

Shouldn't he rely on THE POLICE to protect him from criminals/threats? (real or perceived)
    Isn't that what the anti-gun crowd preaches? HE doesn't NEED a gun any more or less than I need a gun.

There is NOTHING in the second amendment that refers to the people's NEED to bear arms.

Typical.
    EXACTLY.... he just proved our point, and is IMHO making himself and Rep. Cruz look like a fool.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Cambria County)

Duplicate:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...zette-com.html

Please merge or lock one of these two, it's hard following two or three different threads on the same topic.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Duplicate:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...zette-com.html

Please merge or lock one of these two, it's hard following two or three different threads on the same topic.
    Thanks NineseveN, didn't pick up on the duplicate. The other thread is longer, so I'm closing this one down.

-CR
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas