fark Fark
    newsvine Newsvine
    google Google Bookmarks
    Georgia (default)
    Verdana
    Times New Roman
    Arial
    New!
    David Huckabee, 26, a son of former Arkansas governor and...

(04-26) 14:05 PDT Little Rock, Ark. (AP) --

David Huckabee, a son of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, was arrested at an Arkansas airport Thursday after a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded Glock pistol in his carry-on luggage.

"I removed the bag and asked Mr. Huckabee if he knew what he had in the bag," Little Rock police officer Arthur Nugent wrote in a report after being summoned to a security checkpoint. "He replied he did now."

Huckabee, 26, later pleaded guilty in Little Rock District Court after being charged with a misdemeanor count of possessing a weapon in a prohibited place.

"It was a silly mistake," Huckabee told reporters as he left the Pulaski County Jail. When asked whether it would affect his father's presidential campaign, Huckabee responded, "It shouldn't."

District Judge Lee Munson gave Huckabee a one-year suspended jail sentence and ordered him into 10 days of community service — which Huckabee can avoid by paying $100. Huckabee will be on probation for a year. Fines and costs totaled $855.

The son of the former Arkansas governor held a concealed weapons permit at the time of the incident but state police are taking steps to revoke it. The elder Huckabee, who said last week that Virginia Tech gunman Seung-Hui Cho perhaps could have been stopped if a teacher or student had also been armed, also has a concealed weapons permit.

The former governor did not return a telephone message seeking comment.

Nugent said David Huckabee had a .40-caliber Glock pistol in his black carry-on bag. Eight live rounds were in the gun — none in the chamber — and a nine-round clip was also in the bag. The weapon and ammunition were detained by Little Rock police while David Huckabee's gun permit was seized and given to the Arkansas State Police.

(This version CORRECTS UPDATES throughout with quote outside jail, state police permit revocation pending; corrects order of Seung-Hui Cho to follow family practice.)

Default Re: Huckabee's Son Arrested With Gun

See, it can happen to everyone.....I'm kidding.

Mike Huckabee is actually a pretty good guy, and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. He is nowhere near anti-gun owner. Granted, he won't get elected, if only for the fact he is from Arkansas.

When he was Lieutenant Governer Huckabee, I had a chance to meet him. He has a pretty good head on his shoulders, and after the Jonesboro, AR school shooting, he came out in opposition to more gun laws. I actually like him in the race that is becoming the Presidential Nomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.