Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default milton,Mass. killing.

Mass. Man Killed Sisters on 5-Year-Old's Birthday

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: March 29, 2009

Filed at 1:48 p.m. ET

MILTON, Mass. (AP) -- A man on a rampage fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister, decapitated his 5-year-old sister in front of a police officer and then headed toward his 9-year-old sister before officers shot him amid what their chief described as ''a killing field.''

There is no clear motive yet for the events that unfolded about 5 p.m. Saturday in this tony Boston suburb that is also home to Gov. Deval Patrick. But there is no doubt at the carnage wrought by 23-year-old Kerby Revelus against his three sisters in the two-family home they shared with their parents and grandmother.

Bianca was killed as a cake for her 5th birthday sat on the kitchen table. Sarafina, 9, dialed 911 and watched police shoot her brother as her elder sister, Samantha, lay dead on the floor.

Sarafina was hospitalized Sunday at the Boston Medical Center with defensive wounds to her hands and stab wounds in her abdomen and one of her legs.

''In policing, we see the raw human emotion every day, but to think that a human being could afflict such an atrocious, violent act on his own family is unbelievable,'' Milton police Chief Richard G. Wells Jr. told The Associated Press.

''When I walked up to the first officer (on the scene), I could see the whole story right in his face. This just told me that this was something very bad,'' Wells said.

Kerby Revelus had recently served jail time on a gun charge, Wells said, but the details would not be released until courts opened Monday. Police had been called to the same house in 2004 after a domestic violence report of Revelus allegedly punching one of the women living in the home, Wells said.

Saturday's attack came about 24 hours after Revelus had gotten into a fistfight with a man living next door, Wells said.

''Blows were exchanged,'' he said. ''I don't know the cause of it, but we're confident that did happen. He had been agitated in the hours that followed that, going into the day and last night.''

Investigators believe that Revelus targeted Samantha, a 17-year-old senior at Milton High School, and fatally stabbed her with a household knife while their grandmother was doing laundry in the basement. At the time, the children's parents were away; their mother is a nurse at a Boston hospital, Wells said.

Her identity, as well as that of the father, were not immediately available.

Sarafina, an elementary school student, called 911 just before 5 p.m. An officer on patrol in the neighborhood arrived within a minute, Wells said, and could hear an altercation inside as he reached the second floor. The 911 operator tried to persuade Sarafina to open the door, but when she did not, the officer broke through.

''As the officer entered the door, he decapitated (Bianca) in front of him,'' said Wells. ''He actually walked into a killing field. He walked into such carnage, as far as the atrocity of it, I've never seen it.''

Within moments, four officers were inside and two of them shot Revelus as he tried to get to Sarafina, Wells said. He fell still clutching the knife.

Details about the number of shots and who killed Revelus were pending the outcome of an autopsy Sunday.

Jocelyn Ashley, 18, who attended Milton High with Samantha, told The Boston Globe that Kerby Revelus was ''a loner,'' but Samantha was friendly and excited about the prom.

Milton High School Principal John Drottar said Samantha was a member of the poetry club and planned to attend college this fall.

''She was a wonderful young lady, a great student, and just a sweetheart of a kid,'' Drottar said.

A two-hour grief counseling session was held at the school Sunday afternoon and will be offered Monday to students and employees, he said.

The officers involved in the case were placed on administrative leave and were receiving counseling from the Boston Police Department stress unit, Wells said.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...ings.html?_r=1

One fucked up situation.

He killed his sister in front of the police officer and they didn't shoot him until after that happened?

Very sad.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: milton,Mass. killing.

that just sickens me

(Luzerne County)

I don't know what to say. I'm stunned.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Mass. Man Killed Sisters on 5-Year-Old's Birthday

He killed his sister in front of the police officer and they didn't shoot him until after that happened?

Very sad.
    I can't imagine what anyone would be thinking when they saw that. I won't pass judgment. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the police. No one should have to go through something like that.

Jay

(Lancaster County)

What is wrong with some people today? This is just sickening to read about. I can't imagine what those on scene are going through.

(Luzerne County)

I could not even imagine what the parents are going through. And that little 9yr old is going to have to carry that image for the rest of her life, I don't know how she will handle it. Such a tragedy.

(Somerset County)

So sad . I sure won't pass judgment , it would probably take a second or two for the shock to wear of . Not something you train for .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Washington County)

Oh my....

I cant imagine what would cause a person to do that, or what kind of impact that will have on the family. Hopefully they will find peace, and the dirtbag will find his eternal "reward".

(Lackawanna County)

that guy had to be deranged; no sane person, no matter how much of a scumbag they are, could have done that to a child, least of all his baby sister. he was sick.

please, G*D, i hope he was sick.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

This story is honestly almost bringing tears to my eyes. WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with people?!?!?! Jesus!

I can't really express what I am thinking, but as a parent I can't imagine what those parents are going to be feeling. They are going to feel such immeasurable guilt about having failed to protect their children and to have raised such a monster. My heart is breaking for them. They have lost three children in the most horrendous way possible. Two at the hands of the other and then to have him shot and not even be able to have the possibility of answering why.

I will not pas judgement on the officer. The reality is the young girl was most likely dead before the office eneterd and the horror of what he was seeing must've frozen him momentarilly. Thankfully the murder of the third young girl was averted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast