Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Mommy, that guy has a gun like yours...

I drove from Pa to Tn today. I OC'd through 4 states, I admit I was a little nervous but did it anyway. I did my homework and knew it was legal (except Md) but was unsure how the people would react especially in Va. (thinking Va Tech)

I stopped for fuel and lunch in a tiny town just north of Roanoke Va, I think Troutsville? I gassed up the truck and drove across the street to the McDonalds for a quick burger.

I walked in OC, and I heard some kids screaming, when I looked they were at a birthday party. (at the McDonalds) I thought I may just have ruined some kids birthday by walking around with my evil gun. I didn't know what the screaming was about so I was expecting a confrontation and I hear "mommy, that guy has a gun like yours." I turned around to face in the direction of the voice, sure enough there were 6 + me OCing.

It turns out they are all members of a club in that area. They were very nice people, I talked with the one kids father for about 15 minutes. We talked about OC vs CC, he was very surprised to hear I am not a resident of Va. He thought I should cover up becuase reciprocity didn't cover OC. I showed him the stuff I printed from the web, and nothing I found indicated CC only. I showed him opencarry.org listed Va as a "gold star OC state" and that anyone who can own a firearm can OC, the statute does not specify residency.

The cause for the screaming: One of the smaller kids was digging in his nose.(he continued to dig in his nose the whole time I was there) The more he stuck his finger in his nose the more the kids screamed... I thought it was pretty funny myself.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Default Re: Mommy, that guy has a gun like yours...

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    The cause for the screaming: One of the smaller kids was digging in his nose.(he continued to dig in his nose the whole time I was there) The more he stuck his finger in his nose the more the kids screamed... I thought it was pretty funny myself.
    You should have told him to keep his booger hook out of his booger hole!

Anyway, sounds like a great, surprise OC encounter for you

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post

It was kinda nice. Like I said in the OP I was a little leary about OC especially that close to VA Tech. I wasn't sure how receptive the locals would be.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Well done. The more people who do it, in more places, the better off the next guy will be, until it is as common as it used to be... Again, well done.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Well done. The more people who do it, in more places, the better off the next guy will be, until it is as common as it used to be... Again, well done.
    Plus the fact the this was at a kids party...the kids will become accustomed to OC and won't be afraid of holstered sidearms carried by law abiding folks .

(Lehigh County)

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with my dad, I told him the story.... His reply: "I told you not to buy that chick gun." lol.

BACKGROUND: My dad doesn't like semi auto pistols. He says "...to many moving parts, and the time you will need it the most is when a $2.00 part will fail and you will end up with a short club." He gives me shit about my Glock all the time. To him the only worth while pistol caliber is one that ends with "Magnum." and any thing that doesn't end with magnum, is a chick gun. He really is a great guy,(big time ballbuster) just can't convince him of certain things.

(Mercer County)

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with my dad, I told him the story.... His reply: "I told you not to buy that chick gun." lol.
    Dang...zinged by the old man.

Great story all around!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post

I perfer to tell them "If you're gonna do that, have the decency to eat the evidence." You should see some of the looks I get from mothers.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

...the only worth while pistol caliber is one that ends with "Magnum."
    Wise man.

Sounds like a great encounter. Always a great morale booster to run into fellow OCers out and about.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

WHAT? The 6 VA OCer's weren't VCDL people who quote verse for verse the state gun laws just like PAFOAers do on OC? You had to tell them of OCDO?

OMG!11!!111!!eleventy!

But seriously- that is WAY cool that you ran into some OCers in VA.

How did the OC go in TN? Did you go to Knoxville by chance? There's a gal there who OC's- I filled her mind with the idea and off she ran! All those years she had her carry lisc and only CC'd, not even knowing she could OC until I looked into it for her. She even got to do a photo shoot with Oleg Volk, I hooked the 2 of them up. And you won't believe what website I met her on...in fact she pm'd me in response to me asking in the thread she started, if her guns were sexy ones LMAO. She wanted to know if I was a gun totin southerner like her LOL.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast