Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Thank You from State Rep Lentz

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from State Rep Bryan Lentz thanking me, I must have sent out a e-mail to him concerning bill 760 and this is what the letter said:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to House Bill760. I relize that this is a very important issue and I truly value your input on this matter.

As a public servant, I support laws which minimize gun related violence while at the same time preserving the Constitutional rights of gun owners. House Bill 760 fails that balance.

On March 19,2007 House Bill 760 was introduced and referred to the House Judiciary Committee on which I serve. At the time of this writting,the bill has not been scheduled for discussion. I support reasonable efforts to limit the supply of handguns to criminals. However, I am opposed to HB 760 because I believe it is an unreasonable constaint on rights guaranteed by the 2nd Admendment of the US Constittion. I can assure you that I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind if this bill is further examined in committee.

Bryan Lentz,
    State Representative
    161st Legilative District

So if you send out your e-mails and letters they do get read and you will be heard.
    Aslo at least this is on erep who we can count one, I urge all to write to your reps.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Thank You from State Rep Lentz

I got an unsolicited Letter from my rep yesterday, Rep Phillips. It is a much stronger Pro gun letter, but says essentially the same in regards to this bill.

I have written to Rep Phillips in the past and I'm sure that i'm on his pro gun list, so he probably just mailed out this letter to all on that list.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I got a letter in the mail yesterday from State Rep Bryan Lentz thanking me, I must have sent out a e-mail to him concerning bill 760 and this is what the letter said:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to House Bill760. I relize that this is a very important issue and I truly value your input on this matter.

As a public servant, I support laws which minimize gun related violence while at the same time preserving the Constitutional rights of gun owners. House Bill 760 fails that balance.

On March 19,2007 House Bill 760 was introduced and referred to the House Judiciary Committee on which I serve. At the time of this writting,the bill has not been scheduled for discussion. I support reasonable efforts to limit the supply of handguns to criminals. However, I am opposed to HB 760 because I believe it is an unreasonable constaint on rights guaranteed by the 2nd Admendment of the US Constitution. I can assure you that I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind if this bill is further examined in committee.

Bryan Lentz,
    State Representative
    161st Legilative District

So if you send out your e-mails and letters they do get read and you will be heard.
    Aslo at least this is on erep who we can count one, I urge all to write to your reps.
    As much as I appreciate Mr. Lentz's opposition to HB 760, I wonder why he referenced it as against the U. S. Constitution instead of the Constitution of Pennsylvania? Of course he'd have rung the bell if he'd said it violated both!

Beyond that! Even though HB760 appears as if it will fail, please keep pressure on your legislators in opposition to the 15 other anti-gun bills sitting before the Judiciary Committee. Those are HB 18 through HB 25, HB 28, HB 29, HB 30(and its' counterpart SB 048), HB 277, HB 291, HB 784, HB 785 and HB 957.
    Last edited by Brick; April 26th, 2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    As much as I appreciate Mr. Lentz's opposition to HB 760, I wonder why he referenced it as against the U. S. Constitution instead of the Constitution of Pennsylvania? Of course he'd have rung the bell if he'd said it violated both!
    Probably because the vast majority of people do know about the 2nd but don't know about Article 1 Section 21 of the Pa. Constitution.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA